Yup, that's a surprise party all for me! Kelvin had been planning it for about a month and had kept people all up to date so most everyone I wanted to be there was there! I was shocked and speechless for a while because he is usually not able to keep a secret from me. He gets so excited when he gets me things that he just wants to tell me all about them and ends up dropping hints and I figure it out. But last night was a total shocker!! I was very impressed that he was able to keep it from me that long. And my friends that I see a lot also were able to keep it quiet as well, although that could have been more from the threat Kelvin gave them all if they let something slip. I got my very own surprise birthday party!!! My husband is the very best man in the world! They planned the party to be before we leave for Texas (which is tomorrow) so I could see all my friends one last time.
Isn't he the BEST!
Gotta love Aaron in the background!
The other instigator of the party, Shae!
My old roommates from Logan. We are still pretty good friends! Linda, Shae, Camille, and me.
And what would be a party without Roger and Adrianne there!
The engaged couple, Jeremy and Christina. Just one more Wedding we will miss this summer.
A few of the boys, Lon, Steve, Nick and my former roommate from Salt Lake, Pamella Rae!
Hally and Joey, these two are so awesome and such good friends! Don't know what I would do without them!
Nick being.....well, Nick
Matt Welling
My Birthday Cake!
Aaron and Adrian, we just LOVE these two!
The Beautiful Shae!
Camille had a knife in her hand, hence the dramatic expression!
And of course the presents!
There were only so many places the camera could be so we didn't get pictures of the other present opening. I got A LOT of stuff! A pair of shoes, a shirt, a gift card to Maurices (one of my favorite stores) and Mary Kay eye makeup remover from Hally and Joey, road trip candy from Roger and Adrianne, Volume 1 of the Joseph Smith Papers Book from Matt, a candle warmer from Shae, awesome chocolate from Aaron and Adrian, and lots of cards! I loved everything! I have to say that I got thoroughly spoiled this birthday even though I never expected any presents or big parties. And the best part is that I really needed the extra love and support this year and Kelvin came through with flying colors! Thank you Shae for being such a wonderful friend. You are such a blessing in my life! Thank you to my wonderful husband who takes such good care of me. I love you so much. It is you who has been there by my side 100% of the time and never fails to make me laugh or smile when times are down and tough! You are my life and my world. So here's to the best birthday I have ever had and it's not even my birthday yet!
3 comments:
AWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE SURPRISE BIRTHDAY PARTIES!!!! HOW FUN!!
Happy birthday, and have a safe trip!
My favorite part is the hit.... hahahaha, totally something I would do. And the best thing about this post is I can totally imagine your expression when you found out.... Love you cousin-in-law-but-pretty-much-an-actual-family-member!
Post a Comment