Saturday, June 13, 2009

Fort Worth Zoo

We love the zoo and we go whenever we can. On our honeymoon we went to the Fort Worth Zoo and loved it. We have been to the Hogle Zoo a few times and it's fun too, but the Fort Worth Zoo is HUGE! Lockheed Martin sells discount tickets to the zoo so Kelvin picked some up and we went yesterday with a friend of his from work and his wife. It was fun, but really hot! Last time we went the animals were very active, a dancing elephant to a pacing jaguar and a roaring lion. This time the animals were sleeping and not moving much. That could have been because it was in the afternoon in June and hot, as opposed to morning time in early October. Even so, we did have a good time and it was fun to meet another couple and spend some time with them. We didn't take many pictures this time because we have so many pictures of zoo's. But here are a few pictures we did take.


I don't remember what this animal is but it was so funny just sitting there watching us.




The Bald Eagle! One of the most majestic creatures on earth.




These next two are of a red tail hawk. Kelvin loves this animal and thinks it's beautiful. I have to agree.








The turtles were out and eating and it was so funny to watch them. I don't know why but I love turtles. They just seem like an animal you could adore. I know to some that sounds strange, but I think they are so cute! There were a bunch of kids from day care's all over the place and one group of kids came running up yelling "Tortuga's, tortuga's". I got a huge grin on my face and I looked at Kelvin because I knew what they were saying without having to think about it. (It's the spanish word for turtle.) The video isn't very long because I asked Kelvin to get it on video and he didn't care too much for the turtles. It made me sad because you don't get the full effect of just how cute they were when they were eating.



So there was our Friday at the zoo. The rest of the day we spent relaxing. I haven't been feeling too well the past few days. I think I might have a sinus infection so we didn't do too much else. But it was still a good day and it was nice to spend it together.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

That IS a short video! I love turtles, too! Pass on this message to Kelvin: LONGER NEXT TIME, DUDE! :D