Sunday, July 26, 2009

The Puzzle Masters

This last Thursday while browsing through walmart, we found some puzzles. We thought they looked cool and started to browse through them. After some thought, we decided that maybe we should pick one up. We had run out of things to do and out of money to do the things we wanted, and since we would be here for another 2 weeks, we decided why not!! There were so many different puzzles to choose from and when we had it narrowed down to two, we finally made our choice. It was a puzzle with beautiful colors and all wooden pieces which we both loved because it would last a lot longer. We also got a storage carrier so it could be mobile. The carrier was such a great purchace. We moved the puzzle from our bed, to the counter, and then to his parents house. It was worth every penny!

Now, I am decent at puzzles and I like them. I grew up watching my mom do one every Christmas and helped out now and then. But Kelvin is SO good!! He would put things together and see pieces so fast i was amazed. And when we took the puzzle to his parents house, his mom got in on the action and was the same as Kelvin!! Watching those two go was amazing. I would leave for a little bit and then come back and they had accomplished a lot. They both also put puzzles together every Christmas for his little sister Krystal. This was a very difficult puzzle to put together becasue the pieces were similar in color so you didn't know what went on what side. But after a couple of days, it was finished. It is so beautiful and the colors are so vibrant. We all had a lot of fun putting it together and were proud of our hard work when it was done.



Hard at work!




I love that we are all up, watching a movie and putting the puzzle together and his dad is sound asleep in the background. Classic!




The end of the line! Please don't mind his "finger". He really didn't mean to do that, but it was the only picture of the final piece that I wanted to post it.




The finished product. Isn't it great? The picture was taken at an angle, it's really not crooked.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I love that picture!! Good choice. And yep, I remember those two being so good at it, I was never patient enough for as long as it would take. I laughed when I saw my dad sleeping in the background too!! Classic!

Heidi said...

Wow. That's awesome! And that really is a pretty picture!