Friday, March 5, 2010

Dr's Appointment

So I just got back from a Dr's appointment and it didn't go too well. My blood pressure has gotten a a little too high for my Dr's comfort and I have to go back in a few days instead of a week. I have had a TON of water weight gain with this pregnancy and continue to swell. I am so swollen it's almost staggering to see and my Dr even say's that most of the weight I've gained is probably from water. A few weeks ago I was at a 2+ for pitting edema (ie: swelling in the extremities) and the scale goes from 0-4. I was told then that even being at a 2 was not a good thing and I am bigger now than I was a few weeks ago in that department. I gained 2 pounds of water just this week and that is more on the lower side of what I usually gain between appointments. They say that the blood pressure limit is 140/90 in pregnancy and mine was 133/90. Bad news for preeclampsia! So now we have to be very careful and watchful again and go into the hospital if I experience some particular signs; headache that doesn't go away with Tylenol, dizziness, etc. Oh well. At least this will all be over soon. If my blood pressure cooperates and I go full term I only have 2 weeks and a few days left. If it doesn't cooperate, then we might have a baby here next week as I will have to be induced or have a c-section (I really don't want the later). For now, I will continue to take it easy and we will hope for the best!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

37 weeks is considered full term, so don't stress--the baby's officially "okay to go." I hope that what days you have left go really well! Good luck!!