Thursday, March 4, 2010
Was I Really That Skinny?
So I was looking through old photos today and I found myself thinking that I was really skinny not too long ago. I have had self esteem issues when it comes to weight for quite a few years with some incidences that happened to me as a child so I have never really felt like I was skinny or thin my entire life. But looking at my very pregnant self now where it's hard to roll over or walk and looking at the pictures of me then, I find that I really had nothing to worry about. Kelvin thinks that the Lord has allowed all this water weight to come during this pregnancy so if I ever feel "big" again or overweight after all the weight of this pregnancy is lost, he can just direct my attention to those pictures or the memory of this experience and I can't say another word! Although we have always had a deal that I'm right about everything as long as he gets to be right about anything that has to do with my self esteem. I guess it's just funny to me how our perspective can change. Pictures that I thought were terrible I am looking at now thinking "they aren't so bad". I have been enjoying reminiscing about our first couple years of being married and looking at the pictures that proves to myself now that maybe one day I will look like that again (right now I feel as if I will be pregnant forever)! So bring on the cardio and strength training (after the baby is born of course) 'cuz I'm gonna be a workout-aholic to get back to my pre-pregnant self, and this time, I'm gonna feel really good about it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
No worries! Pregnancy just plain makes girls feel really puffy. It takes time afterward to get your old body back, so you have to be patient :). Whoa, it's almost baby time for you already!
It's so true! It's a lot easier to appreciate your fit body when you've been on the other side. :)
You're doing great!
I am excited to be on your blogging list! I don't think I realized that you have always thought of yourself as "not too skinny :) Honestly you are probably the most beautiful woman I have ever known!! (Makes it real fun to be your sister-in-law :)
Hey kiddo, if you thought you were overweight prior to being pregnant, then I need to get you a pair of glasses, and just so you know...your not even overweight now..you are pregnant and the two don't go together. If I was carrying another human being on me and all that they need then that doesn't make me overweight, it just means I am carrying someone else weight. Before you know it you will be back to your normal self and I will get you a pair of glasses so you don't get confused in the future.
We love you and appreciate the sacrifice you are going through to bring that special spirit into this world.
Love,
the soon to be grandfather!
You have always been thin and beautiful! My philosophy is that you never feel skinny until you've been fat. Welcome to the club; now you can enjoy your beautiful little self-you'll get it back. :)
Post a Comment