Last night was a bad night. She has been teething and there are a few teeth that are trying to poke through but just haven't. She will rub her little fist as hard as she can on her gums, we will rub her little gums, I put the baby orajel on them, give her tylenol, and have her play with all her teething toys. This poor baby is still in pain. She woke up screaming last night at 3am and didn't get back to sleep until 5am. 5:20am rolled along and it was Kelvin's alarm for him to get up. We both moaned and while he got up I tried to go back to sleep. Didn't happen until 6:30 and she got up to eat at 7am. We are both exhausted today! After she eats in the mornings we usually play for 30 -45 min and then she gets tired again and takes a nap. She refused to sleep this morning. She was crying for 40 min so I finally gave up. We walked around the house for a bit and then I put her in the swing and after a little while she finally fell asleep. It's going to be one of those days!!!!
Thursday, July 22, 2010
Tick Tock Tick Tock
Lydia has had some interesting sleep styles. When she was 2 months old she would do what we call the tail slap where she would bring both of her legs as high up as she could and then slap them down to try to keep herself awake. I wish I would have gotten a video of her doing that because it was so funny, but I didn't. Now she doesn't do that much any more but when you put her in bed she will just roll over onto her left side, cover her eyes with her little arm and fall asleep. While lots of kids end up moving all over the place when they sleep, she just turns in circles. We call her our little clock. Here is a typical night of her circles.




Last night was a bad night. She has been teething and there are a few teeth that are trying to poke through but just haven't. She will rub her little fist as hard as she can on her gums, we will rub her little gums, I put the baby orajel on them, give her tylenol, and have her play with all her teething toys. This poor baby is still in pain. She woke up screaming last night at 3am and didn't get back to sleep until 5am. 5:20am rolled along and it was Kelvin's alarm for him to get up. We both moaned and while he got up I tried to go back to sleep. Didn't happen until 6:30 and she got up to eat at 7am. We are both exhausted today! After she eats in the mornings we usually play for 30 -45 min and then she gets tired again and takes a nap. She refused to sleep this morning. She was crying for 40 min so I finally gave up. We walked around the house for a bit and then I put her in the swing and after a little while she finally fell asleep. It's going to be one of those days!!!!
Last night was a bad night. She has been teething and there are a few teeth that are trying to poke through but just haven't. She will rub her little fist as hard as she can on her gums, we will rub her little gums, I put the baby orajel on them, give her tylenol, and have her play with all her teething toys. This poor baby is still in pain. She woke up screaming last night at 3am and didn't get back to sleep until 5am. 5:20am rolled along and it was Kelvin's alarm for him to get up. We both moaned and while he got up I tried to go back to sleep. Didn't happen until 6:30 and she got up to eat at 7am. We are both exhausted today! After she eats in the mornings we usually play for 30 -45 min and then she gets tired again and takes a nap. She refused to sleep this morning. She was crying for 40 min so I finally gave up. We walked around the house for a bit and then I put her in the swing and after a little while she finally fell asleep. It's going to be one of those days!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I hate those days!! But cute sleeping habits.
That's so cute that she keeps her arm over her eyes. lol.
Hopefully her teeth break through her gums soon! She'll feel a lot better then.
Post a Comment