Friday, September 10, 2010

Road to Recovery

Yesterday started out just fine for both Gregory and I. Heidi came up to see us with Ellie and Sienna about 11:15am and we were having a good time playing and talking. We ate lunch about 12:30 and I started not feeling so well. I only ate 2 bites of my sandwich and thought I was going to throw up the whole time. When 1:30 hit and Heidi went home, I was really feeling pretty awful. My stomach was cramping so bad I felt like I was going to literally die. After a while I got so sick that I actually threw up, something that my body just doesn't do. While I felt better after that I was very pale and very weak (Somehow though when you are a mom, you still find energy to take care of your child.) When the night finally came around I was starting to do a little better, I could at least lie down without wanting to die. After I put Lydia down for bed I was able to go to sleep at about 10:30. I woke up at 3am when Gregory was in and out of the bathroom with the same thing that I had. Neither of us got any sleep after that.

Luckily I had called my mom the night before and asked if she could come and help me out with the baby today while Gregory was at school and work. While we were talking I told her how I was feeling and she suggested that it might be food poisoning. After thinking about that it seemed that she was right. She was such a life saver today. We were both able to get some sleep and rest for most of the day. When she left that afternoon we were feeling a bit better and I was able to take care of the baby. It was funny today because while I was taking care of Gregory he was telling me about how awful he felt and I said I knew what he was feeling because I had just experienced it and still was to a degree. He apologized to me for not taking me as seriously yesterday. He knew I was sick but had no idea just how sick until he experienced it for himself. Today has been a better day which was good because I needed to take care of him while trying to get some rest myself.

While we are not totally sure of how we got food poisoning, we think it might be from our chicken nuggets. We have been cursing them all day and Gregory has sworn that he will never eat Chicken Nuggets again. So, while we are on the upswing, neither of us is 100%. I am doing a little better than Gregory but that's probably because I got it sooner than he did and been sick longer. Here's to a quick recovery and hope for a better day tomorrow. I'm just happy that this is not something that I have to see my sweet baby go through. It's been such an awful experience. Definitely something that you cannot appreciate until you have had it. Recovery is a sweet road and we have never appreciated our health more.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm so sorry! I noticed you didn't eat much of your sandwich, but I figured you were just tired. You could have shooed me out the door! None of us have felt sick, so it must be those darn chicken nuggets.

By the way, I went to the store on the way home yesterday and got the sandwich fixin's and made your sandwich for dinner. I'm totally going to add that to my recipe book. :)

Heidi said...

Okay, I take it back. Ellie has thrown up 3 times in the last 2 hours. :( ... I don't know if it's related or a coincidence, though. Sweet dreams! :)

Adrian said...

I hope you guys feel better soon! food poisoning is the worst!!

Anonymous said...

Emilee, How awful! I of course had no idea this was going on when you had called this morning. I sure am glad you are almost over it. That must be terrible.