Boy's Game night! Great shiner on Kelvin huh? He had a little "disagreement" with a guy on the train the other day. Just Kidding.....I was getting rid of the red eye and it discolored his face and for some reason wouldn't let me fix it.
Wednesday, September 29, 2010
Women's Conference
Saturday night was Women's Conference and I was a little reluctant to go. I was completely exhausted from 2 weeks of no sleep and just didn't feel very good. Kelvin was very supportive though and told me that he really thought I needed to go. He went so far as to set up a guy's game night so they all could "watch the baby". (Yeah! Because that's what they were going to do.) I reluctantly agreed and got the baby all ready except her last bottle and left for conference. I didn't think too much about bringing paper for notes or tissues for tears, but a few minutes before it started I grabbed some paper from a flier that was on a table at the church. Then the first song started and I was instantly in tears. I had been struggling for a while with being a mom because Lydia was so upset and it seemed like nothing I did made her happy. This song put it all into perspective for me. It just got better and better and I was spiritually filled which I was sorely needing. We don't get to sit for long at church with a baby and I was definitely needing a spiritual uplift. It was a blessing for me to be able to attend and I am so glad that I did. I went home feeling that I wasn't a bad mom, I was just tired and struggling and every mom goes through that phase. It was nice to come home and have the baby asleep and Kelvin entertained so I could just go to bed.
Boy's Game night! Great shiner on Kelvin huh? He had a little "disagreement" with a guy on the train the other day. Just Kidding.....I was getting rid of the red eye and it discolored his face and for some reason wouldn't let me fix it.

Boy's Game night! Great shiner on Kelvin huh? He had a little "disagreement" with a guy on the train the other day. Just Kidding.....I was getting rid of the red eye and it discolored his face and for some reason wouldn't let me fix it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That's quite the shiner! :D
Don't worry-your feelings of tiredness and frustration are perfectly normal. We all go through that at times!
I love the fake "beer" bottle on the table. All they need is poker cards. And shiner?! What the heck happened?!??!
Three great things in this post: #1 the quality red eye removal. #2 That fact that Aaron got Robo Rally out of his system - not a fan of falling into pits/getting shot by lazers on every turn ;)and #3 that you loved the RS meeting as much as I did. I had the opportunity to go watch in the conference center with my sister and without a doubt, it was one of the most spiritual and uplifting meetings I have been to in a long time. I was wishing I had tissues too. Can't wait for conference to start!
Post a Comment