My dear friend Heidi and Jennifer's step-mom ,Vee Ann, passed away yesterday morning at 10:56am. After battling cancer for 2 1/2 years, it came back in droves. She slipped into a coma last Wednesday, had emergency surgery to remove a hemorrhage in her brain and was starting to show some signs of improvement. We were all hopeful for a full recovery but she never woke up after 10 days. The family decided on Saturday that they needed to let her go so they took her off all her life support. She could still breathe on her own so the Dr's said it would probably be a couple of days. They moved her out of ICU on Sat night at 9pm and she died 14 hours later. I never got a chance to say goodbye because they don't let anyone other than family in the ICU. Kelvin and I were planning on going to visit her on Sunday after church but I kept getting a nagging feeling we needed to go sooner. We had to speak in Sacrament meeting so when it was over I called Heidi and was told that Vee Ann had already passed on. We immediately left church and went to the Hospital in Provo. I expected to cry when I saw her but all I saw was a body, not Vee Ann. She is in a much better place having the time of her life seeing loved ones who passed before her. Regardless of this knowledge, she will be missed by all of us left here. We love you Vee Ann!


1 comment:
Thank you so much for coming to the hospital! It meant a lot to me and my dad.
In case you didn't hear my dad's comment when you walked in the room, my parents love how you sparkle. :)
Post a Comment