On Saturday the rocket team had a test launch to make sure that a certain part of their rocket design was going to be correct. We were all planning on going together but Lydia had not been sleeping well the whole week and when Gregory was home I would have him take the baby in the mornings so I could get some sleep. Friday night the baby didn't sleep much at all and I was more exhausted than I could say so Gregory offered to take the baby with him and then I could stay home and rest. I took him up on the offer and got the baby ready and then climbed back into bed and slept until 11:00!!!! It felt so good.
The practice launch went really well and the guys had a lot of fun. It took a lot longer than expected but it was a success in the end. Lydia did pretty well despite that it was really cold (they went past Eagle Mountain and 5 mile pass in the west desert) and there were loud noises. She takes after me in that regard, I hate loud noises and apparently so does she. But it was some good daddy daughter bonding time and it was great for me to get a break.
There is a documentary of sorts being made on the project and the team and they were there at the test launch. We will be able to get a copy of the film for free when it is done, but they will be holding the rights in case they decide to sell it to say the Discovery Channel.
The mark on her forehead was the result of an unfortunate meeting with a door hinge. She had a goose egg that protruded an inch off her forehead. It was so sad. She is one tough cookie though because she only cried for a little while and then calmed down and then just wanted to be held. It is healing fast and was only sore for about a day.
She had a blanket that Gregory took with him and she was wrapped up in it all of the time they were there except for this picture. I promise that she did stay warm enough.
Videos of the test launch. She starts crying because the loud noise of the rocket scared her.
2 comments:
Wow! How cool!!
I am so proud of you Gregory!!!
Post a Comment