Thursday, June 16, 2011

New Crib and New Table

We have been SO blessed lately with things we have needed for Lydia.  Since we got the hospital bills for Lydia's adventure out the window last month, you can imagine we have been quite strapped for cash.  One of Maritza's friends bought some stuff at Ikea and they gave her 2 brand new cribs.  She told them she didn't need them but they told her it came with the package.  When this friend got home she called up Maritza and asked if any of her kids could use them.  We obviously jumped on this!  Lydia's crib was given to us and it is really nice, but it is broken on the side and is being held together by tape.  When Lydia would stand up she would shake the side of the crib and I was worried that one day she was going to break it.  Still we were trying to hold out until she got a toddler bed so we didn't have to buy 2 new things so fast.  When we got this crib we found that it turns into a toddler bed as well.  What I like most about it is that it is a lot lower to the ground than most cribs that turn into toddler beds.  It's sturdy and will last us for a few more years until she graduates into a real bed. 

A few days later Lisa called us and told us that her friend was giving away a nice kids table with 3 chairs (the 4th one broke) and asked if we wanted it.  I quickly said yes as I have been looking for quite a few months to try to find a good deal (less than $100) on one for Lydia for Christmas.  When we picked it up, it was so nice and super cute with pastel colored chairs.  Lydia loves it and is constantly sitting and climbing on the chairs. 

We have been so blessed and are very grateful for the generosity of others.  I can't even begin to say how much we have been blessed since our little girl came into our lives.  We were wondering all throughout the pregnancy how we were going to afford having a child, and knew that the Lord would provide a way.  The way he provided for us was through others.  I only hope that we can bless others lives one day in the capacity that we have been blessed.

Lydia has been so particular about things lately that we had her watch us set up the bed and let her play in it for a while.  She took to it really well and has slept better in this bed than ever before.  I am VERY grateful for that!

Trying out her new chairs.

And we have a climber.

"Look at me mommy!"  Yeah, I'm really gonna have to keep my eyes on her when she's playing with this.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I have also felt the same way! I think it's such a blessing when others like to help in that way and that's why I try to do the same, I know it comes back around. I'm so happy for all the things you have received, it's always humbling to see the Lord provide in ways like that. The bed looks awesome!!

Krystal said...

Oh, I love her little table! Looks like so much fun. :) What a lucky little munchkin. And we're even luckier for getting to be a part of her life!

Familia Sepúlveda Acuña said...

estoy orgullosa de ver tan grande y hermosa a mi niña... aaa y tambien feliz porque gregorito recibio su titulo....que el Señor lo bendiga...y ahora a ponerle el hombro....los amo....mamiecca