Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Poor Sick Girl!

Just 2 days before we moved, Lydia got really really sick.  We put her to bed super early at her request and were amazed that both kids were asleep at 7pm!  We couldn't believe our luck.  Well at about 10pm she woke up and was really fussy and couldn't go back to sleep like normal.  I thought she was just too hot (the A/C in out apt didn't go to their room very well) so we let her come sit with us in our room for a while.  Pretty soon after that she started gagging and we knew she was going to throw up which she did.  Luckily we made it to the bathroom first so we didn't have a mess to clean up.  I got the thermometer and sure enough 103.5!  Poor baby!  We cuddled her, gave her some medicine, cooled her down as much as we could and she did go back to bed.  The next day she still had a temp but she was back up and playing by 2 that afternoon so maybe it was just a 24 hour bug.  Either way I am grateful that I didn't have to feel guilty leaving a sick child with my mother in law while we were at the apt coordinating the move.

What better than Chicken Noodle Soup when you are sick?  I love the way it looks when you cook it.  So healthy.

She started to play a little that afternoon but I was laughing at what this little girl was doing.  She just randomly took her stretchy bracelets for dress up and got daddy's old pinewood derby car, then put a polar bear on top and the bracelets across the wheels as "chains".  Where does this girl come up with this stuff?  She may be her daddy through and through, but she is still a Wager girl!!





2 comments:

Lisa said...

Poor little Lydia!!

Heidi said...

That soup looks scrumptious!! I'm glad Lydia got better quickly!