So about a year ago I did a post about making laundry soap. Well, I just ran out and made some more. There were 2 different types of soaps you could choose from and so this time I thought I would try the other soap and compare. So far I haven't noticed much difference, but I did also find a recipe to make liquid soap and I think I might try that next and see which of the three I like the best. So here is to $20 and almost a years worth of soap. Although, I do laundry A LOT more now than I did when I first made the soap so it might only last 8 months or so. We will see. Either way, it's still a lot of money saved.
I also found out that you can use regular vinegar as a Fabric softener. I was curious about this so I tried it and it really does work. It gets any film from soap left on clothes off and doesn't make your clothes smell at all. I put about 1/2 cup with a few drops of essential oil in my washer (you can use a downy ball if your washer doesn't have a spot for softener). I'm going through vinegar quick, but it's cheap and I've liked the results so far.
No comments:
Post a Comment