Tuesday, August 7, 2012

What's With the A/C?

When we got back from Dallas on the Sunday before last, we had set our A/C to 80 while we were gone.  When we turned it down to 75, nothing was happening.  Yes the thing was coming on, but the apartment was getting hotter instead of cooler.  After about 2 hours of letting it try to catch up it still wasn't making any difference so I called maintenance (It was 83 at that point).  He checked everything out and called the actual A/C company who came and said that it was a 2 person job to fix some hose or something that wasn't pushing enough air in the apt.  So they left us with a very hot apartment and 2 kids that needed to go to bed.  So I got them dressed in very cool clothing and no blankets with the fan turned up on high.  Surprisingly, they both slept pretty well and the apt did cool down by the wee early morning light. 

The next day I came out of the kids room from putting Jason down for a morning nap and there was a man standing half way in the door and my apt.  He said "Oh sorry, I didn't know anyone was going to be in here.  I guess I should have knocked."  Ya think!!!!  Kelvin had forgotten to lock the door on his way to work so it was open.  That won't happen again though when I told him what had happened.  Well, the guy came BY HIMSELF and did something to the A/C.  He didn't even tell me that he was the A/C guy or what he was doing or anything.  He just kind of walked in and then left.  I was so stunned that I didn't even think to ask him what he did.  I figured he was with the A/C guys because of his uniform.  He was a bit of a jerk though and left a huge mess of my bathroom where the unit was.  Kelvin said he was a jerk the day before too.  So I guess the 2 person job was just a line to not have to work after hours.  Whatever.  It's done and the A/C still doesn't work great but when I called my apt manager about it, she was being all snooty about it being amazing that I could get my apt at 78 with how hot it was outside.  And she call the A/C guys to come out again, but they would have to charge us for the visit.  Have I said that we don't really like our manager?  We've never had one that was so insolent and condescending.  Oh well!  It's only for a year right?

All ready for bed in a light sundress!

Kelvin loves how this kid sucks his toes.  He thinks it's so cute.

1 comment:

Becky said...

Freaky! I think you have just cause to get out of your lease after that last incident. There are laws about giving tenants notice that you are going to enter.