Tuesday, August 7, 2012

First Sunday

The very first Sunday we were here the kids were pretty sick so I went to represent the family.  The next Sunday everyone was better so we went together.  I must say I was pretty nervous about sending Lydia to Nursery.  Ever since her first couple of months in nursery when they lost her, I have been a little anxious.  I started to get a lot more comfortable when they changed things up in the nursery before Jason was born.  I felt very confident that she was having a good time and was well looked after.  So starting a new nursery where I didn't know the leaders of the kids caused me to be a bit unsettled.

Sacrament was very small.  I guess that's due to a small town and people being on vacation because it is summer.  People weren't unfriendly to us, they more ignored us until we started to introduce ourselves.  Then it was like "Oh! Your new? I can talk to you?"  Or they would see someone else talking to us and decide they could talk to us as well.  It's a sad thing that that happens in Church, and it happens everywhere not just here.  But after we took the initiative, people have been very friendly.  I think we will like our ward.  At the end of Sacrament I had to take Lydia out and Kelvin was already in the halls with Jason.  He had actually been talking to a sweet lady who introduced us to her daughter and son in law and their kids.  In fact, she has a granddaughter who is the same age as Lydia and she came over and took Lydia's hand and they went off to Nursery together.  I had to catch up with her and introduce ourselves to the leaders.  I must say that when I explained that I was a little anxious because of what had happened before and that if I check up on her a bit, that's why, they were so awesome about it!  The lady I was talking to was so sweet and let her husband know that Lydia was going to be a great kid but they need to keep an eye on her so she doesn't escape.  It was said so lovingly that from that moment on I knew Lydia was in great hands.  It was a huge blessing to me.

Jason didn't do very well.  He has started that age where you just walk the halls for all 3 hours until he goes to Nursery.  Not a fun stage for Church.  The women in Relief Society loved that he had a little suit on.  I was only able to stay for a few minutes of RS and then walked the halls with him.  Toward the end of church there was a couple with their little baby girl in the foyer.  The Spanish branch meets at 1 so their sacrament meeting was going on and this Hispanic couple were out with their little one.  Jason however saw that little girl and was going to let NOTHING stop him from getting to her.  He kept practically jumping out of my arms to get to her.  So I took him over and held him in a standing position so he was facing her.  She was about 10 months old and Jason was 5 (one of the few times in his life where it was alright to hit on a girl twice his age).  He was so excited and she was still thinking about who this guy was.  I laughed really hard when he reached out and grabed both her hands.  She warmed up pretty quick to him and they were laughing and cooing away.  They played for about 20 minutes and then it was time for us to go.  He's a little charmer already.

She has a thing for her belly button right now and is always playing with it.

He was obviously not happy about the picture but I had to post how cute he looked.

3 comments:

Jess and Richard said...

Our new ward is the same way. Not rude, just not very social and outgoing like first ward.

Lisa said...

Awww! He's so handsome in the suit, tears and all. :)

Familia Sepúlveda Acuña said...

lindosssssssssssss.....