Monday, May 11, 2009

Feliz Dia de las Madres!

Mother's day is so special to me! Word's cannot express how much I love my mother. I know lot's of people feel that way as they should, but today I want to tell you about my mother! They say that being a mother is the highest calling you can have in this church. It is the closest to being like the angels and our Heavenly Mother that you can achieve on this earth. Women literally walk though the valley of the shadow of death to bring children into this world. It is one of the biggest sacrifices you can make. And then to be a good mother is having Heavenly Father smile constantly upon you. Mothers influence generations and have a much greater impact than we even comprehend. I had a good mother. Sometimes she feels like she didn't do enough, or could have been better, but it's the mothers who are the best who feel that way sometimes. Church was a little hard for me because of our recent experiences, but then I thought about my mother. She is such a strength to me and a comfort without even realizing it. I look to her example when life doesn't turn out like I expected.

The five greatest lessons I learned from my mother:

1. I learned that you can find humor in any situation. Laughter is truly the best medicine and we shouldn't take life too seriously.

2. I learned that trials are there for our benefit and we need to turn to the Lord for guidance.

3. I learned that the scriptures are full of knowledge and wisdom for our personal lives and our day if we will only study them and gain the knowledge for ourselves.

4. I learned that being a strong woman is necessary, but being a soft, gentle and kind woman is priceless!

5. I learned that charity is the most important thing you can obtain in this life and that you should never judge people because you don't know what they are going through or what their real intentions are.

She is my ultimate example and I hope that someday I will be blessed to be a mother, and to be one like her! I love you so much mom!

And now here are pictures from our Sunday get together!


Rachel, Braden and Sammie



Braden was being so silly. He was upset about something when he got to the house so he wouldn't open his eyes. Kelvin and I started to tease him and play around with it saying "Where is Braden? Has anyone seen Braden? I can't find him!" And of course when he would open his eyes, we would be able to "see" him again. It changed his mood right around. Kids are so precious!



Nathan loves to play with the drinking fountain in the backyard!



What would mothers day be without flowers!



Stephen and Dad grilling dinner



Grilled pineapple and steaks. It was great food! Thanks guys.



I got to do dessert and made 2 different cookies. Oreo's and Chocolate Caramel Delights. Both are incredibly awesome cookies!



Mom, Paula and Sammie



Braden was showing off his new sandals. They were Lightning McQueen sandals and he told us that they were dancing and spinning sandals, and then gave us a demonstration.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

That's ALOT of meat!!! I guess that's what happens when you have so many men huh? hehe.
Sammy looks just like Paula.
So glad you guys had a good MOther's Day and Emilee, I SO want some of those cookies!!