Saturday, November 14, 2009

Grrrrrrr.......

Last night we went to a movie with one of our friends. We haven't been to a late movie in a long time and as we were walking up to the theater at 7:30pm we started to laugh at how we have become like an "old married couple" who likes to do things early so we can stay home in the evenings. This has obviously come in part because of my pregnancy and being so exhausted, but Kelvin has enjoyed playing on the computer or reading a book at night too. So going to this evening movie seemed like a whole new experience.

It was very crowded as you would expect on a Friday night, but people were very inconsiderate and kind of rude. We saw 2012 and there was a line to get in because it was opening night. Well when the line was moving these 2 guys totally cut in front of us around a corner. I have gotten a little more feisty since the pregnancy so I confronted them about it. "Oh, we were in line before", "No you weren't" I said. "Yeah we were behind those kids" when I realized nothing was going to happen and these guys were just being jerks I dropped it. Then when we got our seats I made one last bathroom run and after I got down the stairs, this girl almost ran me over. I could not move out of the way because her friend was on one side and the wall was on the other. This girl literally almost slammed me in the wall! What's the deal? It's obvious that I am pregnant and she didn't care one bit that she really could have hurt me. Then everyone was pushing and shoving like they were the most important people at the theater that day. When the movie started the people sitting behind us were translating the whole movie, loudly, to their neighbors and about 10 people had their cell phones out the whole time with lot's of distracting lights. Maybe this is why we go to matinees! You don't deal with any of this at matinees.

The worst part was the movie was so loud!! I don't think our little girl liked it because she was kicking the entire movie! She is usually pretty mellow with an active hour or two throughout the day and some day's she is very quiet with only a kick here and there. But all throughout this movie she was giving hard kicks. When she would seem to calm down a bit, a crash or loud noise would follow and I think it would startle her because she would start up again. When we got out of the movie she was so quiet the rest of the night. Poor little thing. I think she was exhausted. This movie was turned up louder than normal I think because there were times it was hurting our ears.

On a good note, we actually liked the movie more than we thought we would! We weren't sure about going to another "end of the world" movie, but it turned out really well. Some of the graphics were amazing and I love the depiction of the destruction, it was just so massive! When we got home I got ready for bed and got a good 4 hours of sleep. It was really good sleep so I feel better today than I have all week. (I haven't been sleeping much, 3-4 hours a night. Just can't get comfortable) And I woke up to lot's of frost on the ground with an 80% chance of snow this morning. Not sure I am ready for winter just yet, but it is beautiful outside.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you survived the ordeal and you better make sure you do a better job taking care of my new granddaughter in the future. If that boy of mine can't do the job, then I guess we will just have to ship you down here until she is born...sounds like a good excuse to get y'all back down here to me...

Glad to hear the movie was good too. I wanted to go see it, but figured I'd wait and see what others thought about it first and besides I never like to go to the first night of any movie, they are always crazy as everyone is in a hyped up mode, not that that justifies the rude folks out there.


Take Care,
Your Texas Dad