Friday, November 20, 2009

Seriously?

When I had my second appointment with my OB/GYN for this pregnancy, she told me that being pregnant, my immune system would be shot. I knew this would be true to a certain extent but I believe her exact words at that appointment were "be prepared to catch EVERYTHING that comes around." I thought oh no, I will probably get sick a couple times this winter. Little did I know just how true the word "everything" would be playing out right now. In case you haven't guessed at this point, I am sick yet again. It's nothing like the H1N1 I got 2 weeks ago, but it's still miserable. My neck muscles were very sore on Tuesday and painful to touch. We thought I was probably just getting a cold or the flu was still lingering because I am not over the symptoms of that yet either. Well, last night that aching and soreness moved to my shoulders, my back and my chest. I felt like I was hit with a ton of bricks when I woke up this morning. It hurts to touch, move, or do anything. I have been taking Tylenol which helps a little but it still stinks to be sick again. It seems that every 2 weeks I get knocked down with something for at least a day or two. And it always seems to happen when I am better enough from the last illness to have scheduled a trip to the temple. Unfortunately, I cannot stay home from work as I had to take a whole week off with the flu and we can't afford for me to miss anymore work. Life is not fair, I know, but I really wish I could at least be healthy with this pregnancy. I am on an excellent nutritional supplement that has had wonderful results being used as a prenatal like I am doing. I am confident that taking this has improved my health and my ability to overcome all these illnesses that keep plaguing me. Don't know what shape I would be in without it. Thank goodness for the little things that keep you going! I really hope and pray that this bad cold and flu season will pass quickly so I can stop getting sick. (I would say "feel normal again" instead of "stop getting sick" but I don't think that will happen until after the baby comes.) Until then, I just have to hunker down and ride it out. I guess being pregnant through this time is better than having a new baby through the winter and worrying about her getting sick right? There is a positive side to everything I guess!

1 comment:

Mari said...

I promise Emilee that all will be worth it when you see your little one.