Sunday, November 8, 2009
The Kick Felt Around the Room!!
This morning I was woken up with a massive charley horse in my calf (that's a really bad cramped up muscle if you aren't aware of the term). It woke up poor Kelvin and I felt bad but after it was over we were cuddling and the baby started kicking. I placed his hand on my stomach and she gave some good kicks. He had fallen asleep again so I wasn't surprised when he had no reaction plus the doctor said at my last appointment that it would probably take a couple more weeks for him to feel her move. But when he woke up a little, she gave a good kick. He gasped and smiled so big and asked if that was her. When I confirmed that it was, he immediately moved to my stomach and kissed it and told the baby that he loved her! He was so happy that he had finally felt her move. He had been trying for weeks to feel it and was happy that it came earlier than expected. Everything with this pregnancy has been earlier than expected with me though. I showed early, felt her move early, etc. It was the sweetest thing seeing his face when he knew his little girl was there! He will be wrapped around her little finger as soon as she comes. It's so fun that he loves her so much already! Yesterday, he even bought her an outfit. We were looking at the baby stuff and he picked it up and said "we should get this for her, I like it!" It is a little blue dress with small white flowers on it, NOT frilly as he puts it but definitely cute. Looks like this little girl is already changing our lives and hearts. Amazing what little ones can do to you even before they are here. Our world is about to get so much better!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Awwww! That's adorable! Oh ya, I forgot to mentio that the charley horse's will continue to increase. There were times in the middle of the night I would wake because they would hurt so bad and I'd have to wake up Brandon and he would have to rub my legs down so it would stop. I always thought it was weird cause it was only while I was prego. I don't know why but there you have it.
oh, that's very sweet. it brought tears to my eyes! children really do bring so much joy, I can't wait till you guys get to hold her in your arms!
That's so cool! Y'know, I just realized that you are now over halfway to parenthood! Woohoo!!
Post a Comment