Friday, November 27, 2009

Thanksgiving Day Feast

I was really excited for Thanksgiving this year. The turkey was soooo good! We ate our big meal at Marta's this year and then went to my parents for pie. The Montenares came over and we had a blast! After the wonderful dinner and some fun conversations with a game of "bop it" thrown in we went to my grandparents to say hello. All of my dad's family that were in town were there. With a big treat of seeing Carl for the first time in a while and also my cousin Sariah, Becky and Elizabeth came just before we had to leave. It was quite a treat to see everyone and I even won the game we played. We then went to my parents house where my siblings and their families all congregated. The guys all kinda plopped on the couch watching football and relaxing while the girls went to the kitchen chatting. We had pie and enjoyed being together and listening to letters from Rich and his time at Basic. He has become a squad leader, which none of us know what that means yet but it's a lot of responsibility. There are some stupid guys he is over that he really hopes will grow up soon so they don't get in trouble for all of their stupidity. Also I got the full story about what really happened with the phone privileges. Apparently they all had their cell phones to get serial numbers off them and then one guy snuck a text in and got caught. They were told before hand that they had no phone privileges at that point so the guy knew he wasn't supposed to be using it besides getting the number he needed. That made more sense to me than not listening to a drill sargent scream and yell at them to get off the phone. But the good thing is that Rich was able to call Summer yesterday and they were able to talk for a while which we were all surprised they let him do since they told them all phone privileges were gone until they graduate. But he is well and it was good to see my uncle Carl who is back from the war for about 18 months before he will be deployed again. He and Rich will have a good conversation when he is home for Christmas I believe.

I have to say it was very good to hear all the good things with Rich because I was so emotional yesterday. A guy died in the Nutty Putty Caves on Wed night after being stuck in a hole for 28 hours! My brothers used to go to those caves all the time and it always made me nervous when they did go. I know they are very responsible and wouldn't do anything to put themselves in danger, but I also believe that this poor guy was the same. He had a wife who was expecting and a year and a half old daughter. I found out that he was stuck on Wed and got really scared for him. I was praying for him all that day in the hopes he would be rescued before I knew about his family. When I found out he had died after such a horrendous ordeal, I almost burst into tears. It took everything I had to hold it together but after a little while I couldn't hold it in and started to cry. I cried myself to sleep last night because I was so heart sick for the family! Hormones and lack of sleep were of course a big factor, but it was so hard for me take. Perhaps because it hit a little too close to home. I have still been praying for this family and hope the best for them.

But it was was a wonderful holiday and I was so happy to see so much family. We always have fun with all our family.

The wonderfully decorated table by none other than our own Krystal!






Yum!!!



I was watering at the mouth when I saw the Turkey. It was soooo good! Ed was joking about giving the turkey a C-Section. Then he was worried he shouldn't joke about that with a pregnant woman around as it might seal my fate. I told him not to worry, but if I end up having to have one in 4 months, I would blame it all on him!



The two chefs of the day!



A few of us at the table after the meal was over.



The other side enjoying their pie.



Poor guy got so tired he went to lay down for a bit and I found him holding onto Jordan's air soft gun. It was so funny I had to take a picture.



This is him realizing I was taking another picture!



At my parents house! See the girls in the kitchen and the guys on the couches? It was nice to relax after a good day.

No comments: