Monday, December 14, 2009

Busy Busy Weekend

After a long week of work I had a very busy weekend. I was trying to take a little nap on Friday when Kelvin came home and started to put up the Christmas tree. I then got up to help him and we ended up decorating our apt that afternoon. It was a good thing to do because I was feeling a little scrooge-like and was just going to skip the decorations this year. Could be from the pregnancy and how tired I have been lately but it feels more like Christmas with everything up and it's fun. Friday night some of my friends took me to see New Moon. I had seen it before with Summer but it was really good to see them again. We haven't hung out in a while and so a girls night out was kind of fun. Kelvin enjoyed his guys night playing video games as well.


Then on Sat I had a VERY full day! We had a baptism of one of our primary kids and then our primary activity. We decorated cookies for some of the elderly people in the ward and the kids LOVED doing it. Mostly they liked putting the sprinkles on the cookies and after putting on a mountain of sprinkles on one cookie we would shake it off while they started another. It was pretty funny. Then a few of us delivered the cookies. When I was all done with that, I came home to start making yummy (aka: funeral) potatoes for the Ward Christmas party that night. (I felt like such a grown up making real food for the party instead of just bringing a dessert.) I had recieved a phone call the night before asking if I would be willing to cook a pan of meat with the potatoes as they cook at the same temp. I told them no problem. But at the activity one of the leaders brought her potatoes with her and told me that her neice was in labor and the mother had just had surgery so she wasn't going to be able to cook them and take them. I told her no problem and took the potatoes home with me thinking that my potatoes will fit in the microwave and I can cook hers in the oven with the meat. Then when the meat came, they brought in TWO HUGE pans! Um....I thought I agreed to one guys! I had no idea what to do. They knew I had to make potatoes and when they brought the meat the guy knew how big my oven was. How in the heck was I supposed to cook everything? We ended up being late bringing the food because I just couldn't cook all that food in the time they wanted to have it done! Kelvin was awesome and told me not to worry about it because they had told me one thing and then brought another. I was happy to cook it all but it was quite a strain being on my feet all day long. Then when we were transporting it, some of the juice spilled on the seat of our car and now it stinks like pork.


The Christmas party was fun and we got to know another couple in our ward who we really enjoyed. We ended up bailing early though and coming home to relax. I was quite tired by the end of the day! I slept for 10 hours that night and was still really tired all day on Sunday. Guess I over did it a little on Sat.


Every get the feeling like you are about to get sick and just don't feel right but don't actually get sick? That was also last week. I am very glad that I did not get sick again as I am SO done with being sick. (I think I have done my fair share and more in this area.) But I have still felt a little under the weather. Mostly I've just been very very tired but still have felt "off" all week. Plus there is this blasted cold that seems like it will NEVER go away! I have had it for a month and a half and the Dr has even put me on antibiotics. It's gotten better, but still isn't gone. So all of that made the weekend a little harder and probably contributed to my crash on Sat night and Sun. I am feeling better this week although still a little tired but I figure I am almost in my seventh month of pregnancy so I will probably be feeling tired a lot more.

1 comment:

Becky said...

I could never be relief society president, because I don't have double ovens either!