I got a Scentsy warmer and some bars of wax from a friend.
The gift card from Kelvin's parents.
Kelvin got some action figures that he put together from our friend.
The Booster seat from Lisa for the baby. I was very excited about this gift!
This is everything under the tree. Movies from each other and a book from Krystal are among the previous mentioned gifts. We were very pleased with it all!
Samantha opening her presents.
Rachel and Braden with theirs. It was so fun to watch little kids opening gifts. They bring so much excitement and joy at Christmas.
And what would be a Christmas without gifts for the baby!
This year for our emergency preparedness gift from my parents we got a camping stove and propane! It was awesome. We are both very excited about it.
One of Rachel's big presents wasn't done by Christmas morning. My parents and Dan have been working on it for a while and so when Rachel was at my parents they gave it to her mostly done. It was a doll house they made. There was flooring, wallpaper, curtains, furniture, dolls, everything! It was really cool and she loved it.
This is everything we got at my parents house. Matt drew our name for Christmas and gave us 2 board games, battleship and guess who (we all had so much fun playing these games), and also a teething toy for the baby. We both got shirts from my mom and she also got 3 outfits for the baby along with her first little doll. It was wonderful and so fun to open things for our little girl. I think I was more excited than Kelvin about the clothes and toys for the baby, but I also think it will be fun to dress her up! He'll go all mushy before long when she is here though so I'm not worried about any of it. The camping stove is in the background along with our propane. The white shirt from Marta and my perfume are also here because we didn't remember getting a picture of either of them.
With the gift card Kelvin's parents gave us, we were trying to decide what to get. When we decided to just look at a blu ray player at Best Buy. I was more against getting one because I hate buying into things that are a "hype", at least that's what I thought about the blu ray players. So I reluctantly went along to at least look at them. When we got to the store we asked the guy a lot of questions about the blu ray player and I became very educated at that point to all it can do. I quickly realized that my previous notions were wrong and was very surprised with all it could do. And I was educated that you do not have to buy blu ray discs to play on it. They will play regular DVD's as well. (This was a major selling point for me because I cannot in good conscience buy a movie for $30 or more which is what the blu ray discs cost. We frequently buy our movies in the $5 rack at Walmart.) So after a lot of questions and some discussion we decided to buy it. Of course it helped that they were the cheapest prices anyone had ever seen selling at $129 which was unheard of! We put together our 2 gift cards and bought it. I must say we are really enjoying it. Our original DVD player is about 7 years old and is about to give out on us at anytime so this was a welcome Christmas gift!
Our Christmas was so wonderful and we received so much. We wished we could have done more for our families, but when you are on a very tight budget it makes things difficult. We were so blessed this year and so appreciate everything that was done for us! We love you all and are grateful that we have you in our lives. May this next year bring many happy moments and a closer relationship with each other and the Lord. Merry Christmas!!
No comments:
Post a Comment