On Monday I had another Dr's appointment. It went pretty well for the most part. I broke down and cried when she was asking me how I was doing. I guess these pregnancy hormones are taking over but when you don't feel good, you tend to be even more emotional. I haven't been sleeping well, the baby has found she likes to sit on my sciatic nerve along with my bladder, I am very uncomfortable and have a hard time walking anymore, she loves to kick under my right ribs, I am having trouble breathing because everything is so squashed, the contractions have not gone away and I am SO DONE with being pregnant.
My Dr wasn't happy about the contractions I was still having but I was checked on Wednesday of last week when I was having more problems and haven't dialated at all yet which is reassuring. My Dr laughed when I told her I was done with being pregnant and said she felt the same way with her child, but said when I hold that baby in my arms it will all be worth it. I just have to keep thinking about the end result so I don't go insane with the daily problems I have.
My Dr also suggested that I try to take some benedryl at night to help me sleep better. I normally toss and turn most the night and get only 3-4 hours of sleep which is not a good thing and just contributing to my exhaustion. She said if that doesn't work then she want's to put me on some Ambien. I don't like that idea because I don't do well with sleeping pills, but the last 2 nights I have taken 1 benedryl and been able to sleep a little better. I also have to put my feet up more and lay down more. Still don't have to leave work yet but my Dr said we have to hold this baby off for at least 3 more weeks! After that, they won't try to stop labor if I start.
It might have been hearing that that put me at ease. I believe my thought process was something like "3 weeks? I can do that!" We are now holding out for then and everyday after that is just an added bonus for her. I don't think I will deliver in 3 weeks, but it is a good focus to keep myself positive. And anything right now to keep her from coming too soon is a very good thing even if it's mind over matter. We asked if there was a way to tell if I would go into labor early, and of course she said no but didn't expect me to go into early labor either which was also comforting.
So right now I am just taking this one day at a time and putting one foot in front of the other. Thank goodness I have such a wonderful husband! He has been so good to me and so willing to help out with everything around the house. Not sure I would be able to get through all this without him especially when this is nearing the end and I feel like I am about to go crazy!
No comments:
Post a Comment