It's no secret that I have had a very hard and miserable pregnancy, but I didn't want that to be all I ended up writing about. I do want how I feel to be recorded which is why it is in the blog, but I also don't want to just remember the bad things about being pregnant. So here is my list of the wonderful things I have been able to experience through this process.
1. I don't think anything can quite explain what you feel in those quiet moments when you are alone and feeling your child move inside of you. There are times when I am overcome with amazement that she is growing, moving and really there. It is definitely a spiritual experience and one that can bring a lot of joy and a love you didn't know was there.
2. People are really nice to you! Except for the occasional nut job who tells you you are fat (Yes this did happen to me, at church believe it or not when I was obviously pregnant). Most people will look at you and smile and make some conversation about the baby. Others tell you you are so beautiful or hold open doors for you. I also get the reaction of most people wanting to touch my belly. Maybe because it's way out there people are more attracted to wanting to touch it. It doesn't bother me when people do, but it's fun to see how some people get really excited about feeling my tummy or the baby.
3. Little Shoes and socks! I am not a shoe fanatic. In fact I have less shoes than most people I know, but there is something so fun about those little baby shoes and socks. It gets me excited to kiss her little feet. Kelvin laughs at me when I start to look through all the clothes and linger on the shoes and socks. He doesn't understand the fascination, but I think most women out there have a thing for little baby feet.
4. Oranges never tasted so good. This has been my craving through most the pregnancy. Oranges have never really appealed to me before but every morning when I have an orange, I feel like my taste buds have never had something so delicious before. It's a daily occurrence and I love it!
5. Dreams of the baby. I have been having some fun dreams of what she will look like and her cute little personality. It's fun to think about all of that even though I know that we won't know for sure how she is until she arrives, but every night I see the same little face so I am hoping that that is what she will look like because she is definitely very cute. I really see her as being a daddy's girl and know that Kelvin is already wrapped around her finger even if he doesn't always admit it.
6. I get the cutest reactions from kids. When I was teaching Sharing time in primary a week ago one little girl looked at me and said "you look like you have a baby in your tummy like my mommy!" I told her I did have a baby in my tummy and then all the young kids on the first row got up all excited to talk to me about the baby. Some wanted to touch my tummy and others just giggled and wanted to talk. They were all very excited and it made my day. Kids are so special and in tune with things better than adults sometimes, so to see things from their perspective for a moment was really interesting and wonderful.
7. My husband's willingness to help out. Whether it's making dinner, cleaning the house, or helping me put my shoes on, he has really stepped it up and has been amazing. It's amazing sometimes to think how much he loves me when he gives up something to make me more comfortable. I know it hurts him to see me in so much pain and so uncomfortable all the time, but he is definitely the best thing that has ever happened to me and the one thing that really makes me feel that this will all be worth it. I can't wait to see him with our child. He is worried that she will be more of a momma's girl but I don't think that will be the case. I think she will be a daddy's girl through and through. She loves him so much already. This week she hasn't moved a lot but on Sunday afternoon I was laying down on the bed and Kelvin was laying next to me and put his hand on my stomach and she went crazy! She knows who he is and gets excited when he is touching or tickling her. He will be the best father and is the best husband I could ever ask for.
So despite this hard time that I am going through, there is always a postive side to see things. We are getting close to the end and are both so excited for this change that we will have in our lives. We love you baby girl!!
1 comment:
I get the baby shoe and sock thing. I don't know why but there's something so sweet thinking about baby feet. Well, you know...I spent $60 bucks on two pairs of baby shoes for Isabella!!
Post a Comment