The next day we all got together to celebrate my mom's birthday. My mom's birthday is on New Years Eve but we always get together and have a big lunch with everyone on New Years Day. We usually go to a restaurant, but this is becoming increasingly harder as the family continues to grow. We will see what next year brings, but we still have a lot of fun. We brought her birthday cake to the restaurant but accidentally left it in the car so we ended up eating it later that afternoon at the house.
Yeah for the Birthday girl! Sammy was so excited to give grandma her presents and sat right next to her the whole time she was opening them.
One half of the table. I didn't announce to anyone that the picture was being taken which is why no one is really looking at the camera.
And the other half. Everyone doesn't fit in one picture so I always have to take two.
My mom LOVES puzzles and she gets one every year for Christmas. She had started to set it up and so when we went back to the house after lunch, Kelvin jumped right in and started to help. They actually got a lot done on it which was impressive since it really is a hard puzzle. I didn't get any pictures of that though because I wasn't feeling very well that day and I seemed to forget. This is probably why there are very few pictures of the party. Usually I would have taken a few more.
We are very excited about the New Year and have started it right with staying in our pj's all day today! It has been so great and relaxing. We have spent all day with each other and feel rejuvenated for the upcoming week. Life is sure good right now!
No comments:
Post a Comment