Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Thank Goodness for Mom's

The past few day's I have been pretty sick. Don't know what I had but I was very achy and felt like I had a bad flu. I felt it coming on Sat but just took some tylenol to help me feel better. Sunday night I really started to feel sick. We came home early from Easter dinner at my mom's and I went to bed while Kelvin fed Lydia her late night meal. When Monday morning came I was a mess! I could hardly get out of bed and the baby wouldn't take her nap. Kelvin called to check up on me after his first class and I burst into tears. He asked if he needed to come home and I said yes. That alone told him that I was really sick because I don't accept help very often. He came home after his classes and called my mom to see if she could come and spend the night so I could rest. She told him that she would be up in a few hours. He then told me to sleep and took the baby to her 2 week check up at the Dr's office. I wanted to go but since I could hardly get up, Kelvin confined me to the bed for the rest of the day.

Lydia's 2 week check up went really well. The Dr was pleased with the weight she had gained considering she is a formula fed baby. Apparently, babies gain weight faster when they are breast fed, I thought it was the opposite. So she was doing great that way and she checked out in all other areas! We have a healthy baby on our hands. She is 22 inches long and weighs 8 pounds 14 ounces.

Soon after Kelvin came home my mom arrived. She was such a blessing. She took care of the baby so Kelvin could take care of me. One good thing about having to formula feed your baby is that other people can take the baby all night and you can sleep! My mom stayed until Tuesday afternoon when she thought I was a bit better. I rested all day Tuesday and all afternoon today. I am feeling better, but still don't feel great. My problem is that I don't rest when the baby rests and then wear myself out and get sick. For goodness sakes, I just had a baby 3 weeks ago and I'm thinking I can do everything like normal again. I better be careful or something worse than getting sick will happen. All I can say is thank goodness for mom's!

This is the play mat that Kelvin's parents got for the baby. Originally they got her a swing, but it didn't work right and she didn't really like it. So we took it back and got this. She loves it!!


I love her eyes.


Here are some pictures of me with the baby.


Don't mind the messy hair, this was a week after she was born and I was still having trouble getting up and down.


She loves this penguin on the play mat.


She is so alert and active for being so young.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Awwww!! She is so cute!! I can't wait to hold her! You've been so lucky to have two great Mom's to help out with baby duty while you have been recovering. What a blessing! Hope you get better soon. And thanks for the pictures and video!

Emilee Bailey said...

YES!!
Both mom's have been a HUGE help to me the past few weeks. Don't know what I would have done without them.

Heidi said...

I'm glad you're on the mend! Being sick is no fun--and that's an understatement.

Debbie said...

She is so cute! And you are right-she has the most adorable eyes! I hope you are feeling better!