Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Weekend Blues!

From my last post you know that I was sick at the beginning of last week, and it continued throughout most of the week. Well, starting about Thursday, Kelvin started to get sick with a bad cold. All weekend long he was not feeling well at all! I felt so bad for him and we stayed home all weekend to get lots of rest. We were both good when we were sick to sanitize our hands before we touched the baby, but unfortunately this wasn't good enough. She got sick on Sunday afternoon. It has been so sad to see her little face looking up at you letting you know that she doesn't feel well. She is so young and doesn't understand what is happening and why she feels this way. We have been holding her a lot and rocking her more than usual. Poor thing has not been eating very well or sleeping very well. Combine that with an all over achy-ness and you get a sad and fussy baby. We took her to the Dr's today because we were told by a nurse that she might have an ear infection. But she checked out ok at the Dr's, no infections, just sick. he Dr told us also that she is in the low 50th percentile for growth and moving right along schedule. I took some pictures of her before she got sick. She is starting to show her little personality more and more. She is also starting to smile a lot more and I have been able to get a few out of her even when she hasn't been feeling the best. She is such a sweet baby and I can't believe how much I love her already. The bond between parents and their children is quite strong and something that you can't explain completely. If you are a parent though, you understand completely.

Mom, what are you doing?


I love the little smirk she has on her cute face!


I just missed the smile she gave me when I took this picture.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

So stinking cute!! I love what her onesie says, I bet it's true too! Hahaha. She's adorable. Hurry and bring her, can't wait to hold her!!

Heidi said...

I'll second what Lisa said: so stinking cute! :D

It's so hard to see your little ones not feeling well! You just want them to be able to be happy all of the time. Get better soon, Lydia, you hear?!?

Adrian said...

I am glad you are feeling better and hope Lydia feels well soon. Poor baby!