Can't believe that people actually fit all of their possessions in such a small wagon.

Set up of how a living room typically looked. So cute!
See that metal stand with all the wires hanging down? That was your first perm machine! Apparently they would put your hair in some claw looking things that hang on the bottom of the wires and then use heat and electricity to do a "permanent wave". It would get up to 200 degrees!!!!! YIKES!

Isabella chillin with Lydia on the elevator!

They had an exhibit dedicated to quilting and some of those quilts were gorgeous! Anyone who knows my mom knows that she is quite the quilter and does an amazing job as well so this one's for you mom!
An old school quilting machine. Yeah, I think times have changed a bit since then.
I think riding one of these things would have been so much fun.
This gazebo reminded me of The Sound of Music and if it had benches all around the inside, you better believe that I would have been jumping on them!

I love houses like this. My dream home is a Southern Colonial style home with a wrap around porch. People don't have porches these days and I think that's sad. I miss the good ole days when you would see people just sitting on their porch for the evening talking.

The "twain" as Isabella kept saying all morning!

And this was how we kept Lydia content. Too bad she only ate 2 ounces of the 6.
The rest of the day has been quite a trial!!! Lydia has been screaming all day because she is tired but refuses to sleep and because she is hungry but she refused to eat! She didn't have a temperature and her teeth didn't seem to be bothering her and I was about ready to pull my hair out. She was up most of the night because her acid reflux had gotten so bad she was having trouble sleeping. She would wiggle onto her side and then her head would jerk back and she would start crying. I felt so bad for her but I had given her her medicine and it didn't seem to be working. So it didn't help that neither of us got much rest last night. Then when she refused to eat, I started to get worried. She had eaten about 6 ounces by 4pm when she should have had about 24. Luckily Maritza came to the rescue and fed Lydia some water which seemed to calm her down and then she ate 6 ounces of her milk. She has been doing a lot better this evening but I am wiped out! Hopefully tonight goes better.
2 comments:
I was glad Lydia held up so we could have some fun. Isabella and I were both happy to have the company. Thanks for coming!
I was glad Lydia held up so we could have some fun. Isabella and I were both happy to have the company. Thanks for coming!
Post a Comment