Monday, June 28, 2010

Isabella's 2nd B-day

On Saturday we went to Lisa's and celebrated Isabella's 2nd Birthday. I made the cake as was previously debuted but it took a lot longer than anticipated. The problem was that I used the cream cheese icing which tasted great, but was a lot more runny than other frostings. It was a long process but turned out awesome! I still loved doing it and am excited to do more. I do however have a firm belief in cakes not only looking good but tasting good as well. That is why I hate fondant. It will hold up to anything, but it tastes awful. So I will never be able to do some of the really cool things out there, but you better believe that people will eat my cake!

Working hard!!


Almost done...


Finally Finished!


Yummy dinner. I love hot dogs and watermelon.


This happened before any mom's in the room saw. I started to protest but it wouldn't have mattered much since Gregory protested right back and said that the cold of the watermelon helped her gum's feel better from the pain of teething. I'm sure it did make them feel better and all 3 dad's in the room agreed that she wouldn't be harmed by a little watermelon.




Isabella see's her cake for the first time. She was so excited and just kept saying "Elmo" all night.


Blowing out the candles.


Yumm!!!


Gregory bought her Duplos for her Birthday and had to show her how to use them. She loved them.


Lydia just chillin at the party.


Dance Dance Revolution!!! OH YEAH!

2 comments:

Adrian said...

Good work. I am impressed! Those cakes take a ton of time & patience!

Lisa said...

I can testify that Emilee's cakes are good! It's four days after the party and the cake is still as tasty as ever!! Thanks again Auntie Emmy!!