Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Feel's Like A Grown Up

Lately Lydia has discovered a couple little chairs that my parents have with a little table.  She will pull them and push them around and then figured out that she could sit in them.  She motioned to me that she wanted to sit in one and I put her in and she got the biggest smile on her little face.  I think it was because she felt like a big girl.  Now she loves to sit in them up against the table playing with her toys.  It's so funny because she won't sit in the blue one, only the red.  I tried putting her in the blue one and she immediately got out and walked to the red one.  Such a funny girl.  I think I know what we will be getting her for her first birthday.















On a different note, Marta and I went to a cousins baby shower on Sat and we took Lydia with us.  She was so excited when we walked in because there was a little boy there who was her size.  They looked like magnets when I put her down, immediately interlocked in what resembled a bear hug.  While giggling we finally pulled them apart although the little boy came to Lydia whenever he was released from his mothers arms and they laughed and shared things they "found" like plastic spoons and food.  While Sarah was opening her gifts I went to the restroom and when I came back I found Marta walking with Lydia who was crying.  I then saw the little boy come up to her and want to hug her but she promptly pushed him away (almost pushed him down).  When I asked Marta what had happened she told me that the boy had hugged her but knocked them both over and he fell on top of her.  I guess she wasn't too pleased with that because that was when she pushed him away and the love affair ended!  Ahhh kids! 

A little bit after the crush ending, I was walking with Lydia in the half of the Gym that wasn't being used in the church and she found the garbage can.  She started pushing it and pushed it all over the room.  At one point she stopped and knelt down to touch the wheels.  At first I picked her up and wouldn't let her because they were really dirty but then I realized that she was learning and figuring out that the wheels were making the garbage can move.  It was so fun to watch her figure out how they worked and then continue pushing the can as far as it would go and went in circles and everything.  A few of the women there noticed what she was doing and couldn't help but watch her.  They were impressed as was I and Marta.  She is bright child and I can't believe the things that she is doing already.  While she is not talking much yet, she is still way ahead of her age in learning and development and even her Dr has been impressed with her abilities.  She knows what the cow says and will repeat "moo" when we ask her.  Crazy little one!  We love her dearly and love playing with her.  She is at a fun stage, albeit clingy, but she is such a joy.  We are so blessed to have her in our lives. 

No comments: