While most people reminisce about the day their baby was born when their first birthday rolls around, we were laughing and saying that we never want to go back to that day again! I know I know, it's so cliche, but it's true. In fact we visited some friends in the hospital a few weeks ago when they had their first baby and I was having a slight anxiety and panic attack! It brought back all the memories of being in the hospital and when our little squeaker was born. I thought I was over the trauma of her birth, but apparently I'm not yet. So yesterday we took our daughter out for a great day of fun while we laughed about how awful that day was one year ago.
My family has a tradition that on the morning of your birthday, the rest of the family will come in and wake you up singing happy birthday. You also get your first present which is a new shirt that you get to wear that day. We did that with Lydia and she kind of freaked out. She cried at first but then when the song was over, I held her and she realized that everything was okay, she was calm. When she opened her present she did really well and ripped off a piece of wrapping at a time. The funny thing was that when she ripped it off, she gave everyone in the room a piece. So cute. What a good sharer. Here she is ripping off paper and giving a piece to everyone.
Her birthday breakfast complete with fruity Cheerios and pancakes. She loved it.
Daddy and Lydia! Love this picture.
Here she is in her new shirt. I love it. Such a beauty.
We took Lydia to her one year checkup and then took her out to lunch. Her appointment went well. She checked in at 75th % in her height and 25th % in her weight. Just the same as always. The Dr laughed and said a book could be written on her stats because they are so consistent. Tall and skinny!! The shots were really hard to watch because the nurse was new and didn't go fast so I think it hurt Lydia more. It was so sad. But she is now on milk and we can save on formula. Lunch went really well and Lydia ate a lot. We went to Red Robin and she enjoyed cantaloupe, turkey, bread and fries.
Because it was her birthday we got her ice cream to celebrate at lunch. She LOVED IT!! She scarfed down quite a bit. It was hilarious!
"Yum mommy. What is this?"
"It's MINE!! All mine."
Then we went to the small Aquarium that was really pretty good for being smack dab in the middle of the desert. It was fun and there was a bit to see. My mom came with us and then Heidi and her kids met us there.
She saw this frog and got really excited and wanted to touch it but then when she got near it it started to croak. That scared her a little and she wouldn't have anything to do with it for a while. When we finally got her to realize that it was okay, we got a great picture.
Cute Ellie so excited to be at the Aquarium.
She loved the fish, but the one thing she loved the most was the jelly fish. They had some that glowed and changed colors which she was fascinated with.
Lydia and Sienna were having a great time together.
Such a great time in fact that Lydia insisted on pushing Sienna.
Me, my mom, and Lydia. Sorry it's not such a great picture. The lighting was weird.
"I don't know about this mom."
"Okay..... I'll try it."
"You were right! This is great."
We really had a great day and can't believe that she is already 1. We are looking forward to the future and the many more birthdays to come. Happy Birthday our precious little squeaker!!
7 comments:
Looks like she had a FABULOUS first birthday!!! I can't get over how much she looks like Gregory in these pictures-I swear she keeps changing back and forth between you and Gregory! I loved the ice cream pics-I don't blame her-guard that stuff with your life! Hahaha!! Happy Birthday Lydia, we love you so much!!
I love the captions you put with the photos, especially "It's MINE!! All mine." Ha ha. :D
So glad she had such a good day! She is growing up too fast...
felicidades lydia....la niña de los ojos preciosos...te ammamos...tu familia en chile
It was great seeing you today! I can't believe Lydia is already one!
Okay I watched those videos with Isabella and she was like, "Mommy? Why she doesn't like her cake??" I think Isabella was a a little concerned that she wouldn't blow out her candles! Hahahaha!
It was great to see you! Your daughter is adorable.
Post a Comment