Friday, March 4, 2011

It Feels Like Spring!

I was nervous to use that title because I don't want to jinx anything.  We have been teased with a hope of spring for a few months on and off but now I wonder if it is here to stay.  The days are a little warmer and we have been able to go for more walks lately.  This has significantly improved my morale because I was starting to become quite depressed with Lydia being sick so much, me missing church for a little over a month to stay home with a sick baby, being stuck indoors, no sleep and a whole list of other problems.  It's enough to make most people go mad! Things with us have gotten lots better lately.  Lydia got bronchitis last week and while making a slow recovery, it is a steady one.  I am very grateful for that because if she got any sicker, she would have been put in the hospital.  While she is on the mend I have been up to a few other things myself.

I worked for a week at my dads shop while my parents took a much needed vacation to Hawaii!  I can't wait to hear all the stories and see the pictures.  While I didn't expect my dad to pay me (we are living with them rent free right now which more than justifies me working for no pay), I was surprised when he did.  And with that money I got the one item that I have been coveting for YEARS and YEARS!!!!  I was hesitant to get it because it is so expensive, but with the unexpected money from working, Kelvin talked me into it.  He is so good to me and while I was being responsible and wanting to put it into savings, he told me that I probably won't have another opportunity to buy it for quite a few years.  With having to save up to buy a house and pay for day to day expenses not much money is left over in the budget. So with that in mind I jumped on the computer and with a little more encouragement, I bought a Bosch Mixer with a food processor and blender! 


I am SOOOOOO excited and have been jumping up and down because I have wanted one for so long and now it's mine!  It also comes with cookie paddles which are a specialized attachment to make the best cookies.  It came free with the order which made me feel like we got even a better deal.  While I haven't gotten it yet (I ordered it about a week ago) it should come by the end of next week.  You better believe that I will be posting pictures of the proud new owner of one of the most useful and awesome kitchen products out there.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Yay! That's awesome! We had a Bosch mixer while growing up and I loved it. We didn't have as many of the spiffy attachments that you're getting with it, though. Fun!

Aubrey said...

I LOVE my Bosch. Love all the attachments. Love the food processor. I use it all the time, most frequently for bread making. I hope you enjoy it!