This winter it is no secret that we have had our share of a sick child. Well, it will come as no surprise to anyone that she is sick again. There has been another bad virus going around and on Sat at the party she was being quite ornery but we thought that was just because she had missed her afternoon nap. Sat night she was up a lot in the middle of the night but nothing too terrible, just kept me up for a while. Then on Sunday she was not acting herself and we again thought that it was just from the big day she had the day before. We stayed home from church and she took a couple really good naps, longer than usual. Then that night was AWFUL! She didn't sleep at all, literally she was up all night. My mom came and got her about 3am so I could get a couple hours of sleep. It was so sad because you could see in her eyes that she was miserable. She has been sick before, but this was different. It was the worst she has ever been. When the morning came around she was still doing so bad that I got dressed and took her into the Dr.
They worked us in which was great and when he examined her, he decided that she had the bad virus with an ear infection. He wasn't sure that she had strep and didn't do a culture because we don't have insurance, but because she had an ear infection he gave her an antibiotic that would kill off strep as well. She had developed a rash in the morning and it got a lot worse by the end of the day and today. It was yesterday afternoon when I was pretty sure that she had strep throat. I have never seen her this sick before and all she would do is sit in your arms and whimper. She didn't want to be let down and even stopped eating and drinking. This was hard when I was a walking zombie all day because I had 2 hours of sleep that night and the night before was only about 4. Thank goodness my mom was there and she was able to help me a little. The Dr told me that if she didn't have a wet diaper for 8 hours, she would probably be admitted into the hospital because she was so sick. Luckily I didn't have to force anything down her, she ended up drinking barely enough pedialite to keep her going.
Last night she did better, but was still up a lot and I didn't get enough sleep but more than the night before. I have actually been sick myself with a sinus infection and have been on antibiotics and Kelvin was getting sick yesterday so we are a great bunch! Today I really felt like I had more energy and have been more focused. I was able to get some stuff done with my business and even made a little money. Things are looking up and I can't stop praying that this horrible sick season will end soon because I don't know how much more I can literally take. I really hope she sleeps tonight because I have to work tomorrow night and Thursday night and need my sleep. We will see how it goes because I put her down at 6:30 tonight and she has been up 3 times since then in a 2 hour time frame. I'm dreading tonight already.
Today has gone a little better and you can tell that the antibiotics are starting to work and she is starting to get her spunk back. I think it will take another day or two before she really starts eating again. She did better today in that she didn't throw up the solid food she ate. While her appetite is still almost nothing, she will still eat a little formula which is great so she is getting some type of nutrients. The rash is worse but hopefully will go away soon. We are praying for a speedy recovery and a very restful night, for all of us!
No comments:
Post a Comment