Ever since Lydia was born I have been feeling kind of empty. I love my child and have been very grateful that I have been able to stay home with her, but I have felt like I wasn't contributing or doing something for myself. The first few days I was working for my dad I loved it but then I missed my baby. I knew that working full time wasn't for me, and I wanted to be able to be home with my baby whenever I wanted. There are not many work at home jobs. Then the last day that I was working for my dad, one of the customers came to pick up her car and told me that she worked for Mary Kay and asked if I had ever tried their products. I told her I had and that I really liked the eye make up remover. We set up an appointment so she could come over and show me the new stuff they have. When she came over my mom, Amy and I fell in love with the new stuff they had. My face had never felt so soft and so good! After a short deliberation, I decided to join just so we could get our products at a great discount. Then after talking with Jessica (the girl who showed us Mary Kay) I realized that there is a lot of money that could be made being a consultant. Since we are going to be tight on funds when we get to Texas (and have been all through school), we both talked about it and decided that it would be a good supplementary income that would help us save up for our house!
Everything that I have learned about Mary Kay I have been very impressed with. It was designed for women to be able to have a job but still be able to be flexible with our home lives! And their philosophy is God first, family second, and Job third. I'm so excited to be working for such a good company. I could go on and on about them but I won't because while I'm interested, I know most people probably won't be. But working with them so far has been so wonderful and has revamped my sense of self worth. I feel like I am contributing again and helping out with our financial situation. I'm so excited about this mostly because the products sell themselves they are SO good!! But now I can't believe that I am employed again and can still be at home with my baby during the day! Life is so good right now.
The first party I had was at my house and I made some tasty treats! Pictured here are vegetables with dressing, Monster cookie bars, red velvet brownies with a white chocolate frosting, and fruit! The drink was water with lemon, orange, and lime slices in it. Very tasty!!
My first party! I was so nervous and so excited at the same time. I have some good trainers and am learning a lot.
1 comment:
That's awesome, congrats!
Post a Comment