Kelvin had the Friday before Labor day off and then the Monday off which made for a great weekend for us. We had a great lazy day together on Saturday and on Monday we had planned to go swimming and then do lunch with Kelvin's family. Well, unfortunately it was a little too cold to go swimming. I know I know...How in the world can that happen in Texas when we've had one of the worst heat waves ever. It just kind of happened all at once. One week it was so blasted hot and the next we were all praising the 85-90 degree weather. It's been great ever since. So instead of the pool we opted for plan B and went to the park instead. Lydia had a blast like always. I let her be a little more independent and do somethings on her own without someone holding her hand the whole time and she just took to that independence like she'd been doing it for years. In fact one time when Maritza was helping her get up the little stairs to get to the slide Lydia glared at her to let her know that she could do it all by herself. Ah, kids!
She's usually not a huge fan of swings but she enjoyed being pushed by daddy.
Who doesn't like sidewalk chalk? It took her a little while to get the hang of it. Probably because when we color at home I am always telling her to only color on the paper.
So excited to get to go on the BIG slide.
Of course, she loved it.
Trying the other big slide. She preferred the tube slide over this one.
Daddy would let her go at the top and Papa would catch her at the bottom....
..and then hand her right back up to daddy. She really liked getting to ride the slide again so quickly and not having to take the long way around every time.
At the top ready to slide down.
Found a ball and wouldn't let it go.
Exerting her Independence on the playground.
This is the video where she totally give Maritza the "let me do it myself" look.
1 comment:
Hahahahaha!!!! I love it!!!! She has got so much attitudes in those looks I can't help but laugh. :)
Post a Comment