I can't tell you how much Lydia loves her little brother. She is hugging and kissing him all the time. Earlier today he started to cry while I was busy and couldn't get to him right away so she went over and sat next to him and held his binkie in for him. He was totally calm and just looked at her. She was looking at him and gently stroking his face. SUCH a sweet moment. In the mornings when she wakes up she will stare at us in bed for a bit and then go right to the bassinet to check on her brother. Anytime she gets a chance she will ask to hold him and holds his little hands. I am very blessed to have two such loving kids. In fact, Lydia has calmed down a TON when she has to get in her car seat or we have to drive for a little ways. She used to throw fits and make things very difficult, but now she has mellowed a lot. We always knew that she would calm down if she had a sibling and it's really fun to see it happen. It's actually harder to put her to bed now because she wants to be with the baby and see's that he doesn't have to go to bed yet. That will change when we move him into her room. When that happens I think she will sleep a lot better too.
Life is going really well. I am feeling so much better and have actually taken a few trips with both kids by myself. Its been challenging dealing with 2 kids (especially when they are both screaming) but I do love it. Everyone tells me that the second one is the hardest and then when the third comes a long it's not so bad. I don't think I will get the chance to experience that, but I am grateful for what I do have.
1 comment:
Ellie was the same way with Sienna, it was (and still is) so sweet how Ellie will help Sienna with things (thereby helping ME too, then). :)
Post a Comment