Saturday, September 20, 2008
School AGAIN?!?
I was talking to my friend this morning and I found out that she didn't know about my new schooling situation. While thinking about it, I realized that we have only told a few people. I decided to post a blog and let everyone know what is up with Emilee still being in school. Well I should have graduated quite a few years ago and was in my senior year when my situation changed and I had to leave. I then got a great job at a Dialysis clinic where I worked for quite a few years. A couple years ago I decided I needed to finish my bachelors and then go to nursing school and was on the road to finishing both in 2 years. When I was in my last semester before I could apply to nursing school and would have graduated with my bachelors (1 year ago), I decided to up and get married!! This obviously brought down my heavy work load as I had to drop a few classes. Kelvin had a little over 2 years left and that was not enough time for me to get my last 2 nursing pre-req classes done and then apply and get into the school I wanted. I have 3 classes left for my first bachelors (History and Political Science) and was going to graduate in Dec when we found out that Kelvin was being held back 1 year because of a pre-req class he didn't know about. This puts us in Utah for 3 more years, the perfect amount of time to finish my bachelors AND go to Nursing school. I droped my last 3 regular classes and am taking Microbiology and Pathophysiology, my last 2 pre-reqs and next semester will finish up my original bachelors. I am thrilled to pieces that I finally get to finish school with 2 degrees and go to the school of my choice!! I have worked so long and hard to get to this point. The Lord has taught me some patience as I have tried a few times to get back into school over the last 4 years and it never seemed to work out. We both feel the Lords hand in this situation. If I were to have waited to go to nursing school until we got to Texas and he started his job (which was the plan), it would have taken longer as I would have had to retake a few classes as they only count a few years before you apply to the program. And who knows if I would have gotten a chance to do it at all. So this semester I am back in the medical mindframe and LOVING every minute of it. Hard, yes. But to me, an education is one of the most rewarding things of life and after the trial, you do receive the blessings. I am living proof of that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hey , gregory, que tal que bueno que uds tengan un blog asi podemos ver desde aca un poquito de su vida ya que solo sabemos muy poco cuando hablamos con maritza. esperamos que todo ande bien en sus nuevos trabajos y escuela un beso grande para Emely y para ti, tu tia margot
wow, very cool. years ago I wanted to go to nursing school too. i'll live vicariously through you!
You will be a great nurse. I don't really envy all those year of school though! The blog looks great!
Post a Comment