Wednesday, September 17, 2008
Sleep? What's that?
So the past week I have been having major insomnia. Only getting about 2-4 hours of sleep a night. Stress and worry have not been playing a part as I am not stressed or worried about anything. And as the days have been going on, I haven't seemed to be so tired and have been able to focus pretty well and get things done. Well the night before last, I got NO sleep! I thought I was going to be dead all day yesterday but surprisingly wasn't. I did decide however that I needed to get some good sleep last night and resorted to taking an OTC (Over the Counter) sleep pill. I thought that this would perhaps break the cycle of my sleepless nights and then things would go back to normal. BAD MISTAKE!!! I seem to have bad reactions to the sleep promoting drugs. I stay away from NyQuil for the same reason. I end up crying all night because I am so tired and want nothing more than to sleep, but my legs want to run a marathon and I can't hold still for the life of me. This was the case last night. I was up until 2:30am pacing the living room doing nothing but cry because I was so tired and my legs wouldn't let me stay down. I finally fell asleep thanks to a blessing from my sweet husband and some wonderful Calcium and Magnesium vitamins which help calm your muscles. I stayed in bed until 9 and have been dragging all morning still feeling the groggy effects from the pills. The funny thing is that had I just left things alone and not gotten any sleep "naturally", I would have been more awake today and been able to get some homework done already. Can we say Ironic?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I have nights like that but not because of drugs. I hate that feeling like my body is running but I'm not. Thank goodness for blessings, you poor thing! I hope it gets better.
oh man, that does not sound fun!! I have the same problem when I take sleeping meds and it's no fun at all! I hope you get some sleep tonight!
Post a Comment