Monday, January 11, 2010

Week 30

Yeah!! I made it to 30 weeks. Being pregnant is quite a chore and more work physically than I ever would have guessed. Our little baby is moving all the time and it's fun to feel her as I point out to Kelvin what is a foot kicking and what is her elbow running across my abdomen. We can also feel her little head and feet when she is resting if she is pushed up against my stomach. She doesn't like us feeling her very much but Kelvin has been kissing her little head and feet anyway (not to mention already tickling her)!

I had another hard weekend with contractions. I was up most the night on Thursday in pain and then it lasted throughout the day on Friday. I didn't go to work and my Dr put me on bed rest for the day. Neither the Dr or I was concerned about this being preterm labor again, but it was still so painful the whole day. I think we have figured out that I am not eating enough protein (I'm not a huge fan of meat and you can only have so much peanut butter) and not eating enough in general. I don't eat much more now than I did when I wasn't pregnant which is probably not the best thing to be doing. But it's hard to eat when your stomach is no longer vertical and will only hold so much in the horizontal, cramped position it is in now. So I will be working on those things and hopefully stop having day's where I am on bed rest because the contractions won't stop. I really think that this baby is going to be coming early regardless, but don't want her to come too soon. My goal is to make it to March 1st. Every day after that is just another good day she has to develop. I might end up having to go on maternity leave earlier than expected as well. I don't think I will miss the job much, but I will need to find something to do so I don't go crazy with boredom. At this point though, whatever is best for the baby is what I am going to do even if it drives me nuts!


Here's the belly! I feel so big and just don't know how much bigger I can get. I'm not sure my tummy will stretch any more let alone have any more room for my lungs. It's getting harder and harder to breathe.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

You look very cute!

Debbie said...

Wow you're getting close! Hope you start feeling better. Those last few weeks can be challenging!