On Saturday night before Mother's Day, Lydia had a bad night and decided that she needed mommy time from 4am until about 8. Needless to say I didn't get much rest. Luckily, church didn't start until 11 so we had time to get all dressed up. Lisa had spend the night because Brandon unfortunately had some problems at work and had to stay out of town until later Sunday day. The upside was that she came to church with us so Maritza was able to have all her children with her on Mothers day! We also got some fun pictures that morning. Their ward had Stake Conference I believe the Sunday Prior so they did fast Sunday on Mother's day. Personally, I thought that was sad since all the testimonies were about other things than Mothers. I thought that they should have made more of an effort to make it a special day for the wonderful mothers in the church. (Just as a disclaimer, I am not talking about me. I only have a 2 month old child and don't know if I will even be a good mother yet, but know that there are many wonderful women in their ward who deserved more than what they got.) I did however get to hear parts of some wonderful talks from the ward that met after us as Lydia was fussy during Relief Society. I really felt the spirit with those talks and felt very blessed to have had a chance to feel more like it was Mother's Day in that moment. When we got home though, we had an amazing lunch of Steak, Potato's, Corn on the Cob, and an amazing salad. It did end up being a wonderful day because I was surrounded by people who love and care about me! That was the best part!
Krystal and Maritza with the two babies
Isabella and Baby Lydia. They are both wearing the Easter Dresses that Marta gave to them and were so cute! Thank you Marta for being so generous to our kids!
Maritza with her two grand daughters!
Happy baby!
Grandpa and the baby!
Lisa, happily expecting her second child, and Isabella.
Family Picture
Gregory’s mother’s day present to me!
I even got a fun necklace from Maritza.
1 comment:
anne of green gables! Talk about a great mothers day gift!
Post a Comment