Sunday, May 30, 2010

Swimming Time!

On Friday Kelvin had the day off work so we were excited to spend some time relaxing and playing around. So when Lisa called us and asked if we all wanted to come swimming that morning, we were pretty excited and said yes. Even though I had done my workout already that morning and so I had showered and done my make up, I still was excited to go. We got ourselves ready and then got the baby ready for her first time swimming. She looked so cute and we were really excited to see how she did in the pool since she LOVES her baths so much. It wasn't too hot outside at 10am but the water was a little cool. it took me a bit to adjust to it and so I was a little worried about how Lydia would react. When we first got her in the water I was holding her because I was already wet and she hated it! After a few minutes she got to tolerating it and then I had Kelvin take her so she could have some of his body heat thinking that the water was just a little too cold for her. She did ok for a little while longer but after 10 min total in the pool she let us know she was done! I took her out and warmed her up in a towel and cuddled her. She calmed right down and feel asleep. She took a good little nap for the rest of the time we were there but I thought that she did a pretty good job at this new experience.

Getting ready for her first swimming experience.


She was relatively happy once she got used to the water.


Swimming with Daddy.


Awwwww! I love when he cuddles our little baby.


Isabella was SO good in the water. She is fearless and has already begun swimming lessons. We had a lot of fun with her in the pool. She loves to jump off the ledge and then swim back to the wall. Swimming is a lot more fun when there are kids there to entertain!


Warming up after getting out of the pool.


After a long morning what is better than a good nap!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I love, love, love that picture of you and Lydia!! So cute. And it looks like you got a cute one of me and Isabella too. I'm stealing both! ;)