The four best pieces of advice I received:
1. Make sure that you cherish every moment and spend lots of time with your children. Things around the house can wait. It doesn't have to be perfect all the time and there are much greater things at present that will not wait for you.
2. Read Scriptures to your children even when they are babies. I think they said it was Henry B Eyring who talked about how he would walk the halls with his fussy babies and read them the scriptures. I was really excited to hear this one because I had been planning on reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish everyday and thought that I would read out loud to Lydia so she would be introduced to Spanish. I hadn't started yet but was reminded that we need to be teaching our children when they are young to walk in the ways of the Lord. So my reading to her would benefit her in more ways than one.
3. Make sure that you get out with your children and do things. Don't stay at home all the time. Go to parks, to the Library for story time or visit a friend for a play group. You will be much happier and your children will be too.
4. Start praying now for your children to marry a good person who will bring them closer to the Lord and who will treat them right. I had never thought about praying now for this blessing, but thought that it was a really good idea.
Thank you Lisa for the amazing shower and to all the Bailey women who showed up and those who couldn't make it! I felt very spoiled with all the gifts and they will surely come in handy. I am so happy to be here with all of the Bailey clan for the summer.
Hard at work making the yummy treats for everyone! Isabella close at hand to help.

A few of us gathered around the Living Room.

Lydia happily asleep in her grandma's arms! She slept through most of the baby shower.

Opening all the fun presents.

SOOO excited about my new diaper bag.. I like the one we have, but it was really big and I wanted something smaller for a short day trip. Plus this one is girly and cute!

Gregory being silly acting like he is pregnant!
But he LOVES the carrier we got!
1 comment:
Yay! I'm so happy you had a fun time and that you got some great gifts too! I'm so happy y'all are here for the summer!!
Post a Comment