Tuesday, May 25, 2010

PATIENCE.......*sigh*

One thing that I have had to learn throughout my life is patience. Growing up I wanted things to be done NOW!!! I would get upset if I had to wait for a job interview, clean clothes, or the dishes to be done. I am now a lot better about being patient and have found that it comes relatively easy with Lydia. My struggle now with patience is with myself! If you read my blog while I was pregnant you will know that I gained A LOT of weight. Most of it was water but I still put on quite a few pounds. I did everything that the Dr's were telling me to do, eating right, working out, drinking lots of water, etc, but nothing seemed to keep those pounds from coming. Now here I am almost a month and a half since I gave birth and have already lost 40 pounds (that was most of the water weight) but am getting discouraged about my appearance. I have never been this big before and while I know that I do not look fat or overweight, I know I look big. I've been working out and eating right but haven't lost much weight. It's sad and I'm trying really hard not to get depressed but it's hard and I am very self conscious. I need to have more patience with myself. It's going to take a little while I think to get all this weight off and I can only do so much. While I know that some people do gain a lot more weight in pregnancy then others at no fault to themselves, I am still wishing that I didn't fall into that category. Oh well! Life is hard sometimes and we all have things to learn through every trial. Mine I believe is patience.

Now what would a post be without pictures of the baby! I am trying to post pictures with every blog so my parents in Utah can see her regularly. Here she is on her play mat which she is really starting to enjoy.



She is now finding her mouth. She will eat her fingers and stick out her tongue all the time.


She is starting to move so well and is almost dancing to the music until she hits the alligator on the mat which then scares her. The shorts she is wearing are 0-3 month. She is so skinny but very tall which is why the shorts don't quite fit her and she can still wear a newborn size pair of pants. She doesn't fit into newborn onesies and will have out grown the 0-3 month ones in a month or two (she is 2 1/2 months now) but only lengthwise.

4 comments:

Heidi said...

I agree that it is difficult to come to terms with your postpartum body. I do good at losing weight for the first two weeks after birth, but then I gain some back and it is hard to lose anything. You also have to wait for your skin to get its elasticity back. I am less worried about it this time, though, because I was finally able to lose it all after Ellie (and then some)--but I wish it would hurry up. :P You will be the same way, too; you'll get back to your supermodel self. I have heard a good rule of thumb is this: it took you 9 months to gain the weight, give yourself 9 months to lose it.

Jennifer said...

Um, yeah, what Heidi said. Those were going to be my words exactly. It took you 9 months to gain it, give yourself time to lose it. A healthy weight loss is up to 2 pounds a week. Anyway, I think you look great! Stay positive. :)

Lisa said...

Heidi is right. It'll take awhile and don't worry you'll get there! I did it, and you can do it. You just have to be patient that the results will not be instant. A bummer, I know, but the sad reality. Just keep it up and DON'T GET DISCOURAGED!!

Jen said...

hello dear! I just wanted to let you know that looking through your pictures, I think you look great! I don't know what its like to have a baby (or do I...) and I'm sure its difficult, but remember we totally support you and you're beautiful! Keep that chin up! (notice how I didn't say double chin, because you don't have one!) Love you!

P.S. Lydias face right after she hit the thing to make the music start made me CRACK up. She has the best facial expressions ever!