Friday, June 18, 2010

3 Months Old and Other Stuff

Today my sweet baby officially turned 3 months. She was 12 weeks a week and a half ago but it is the 18th and so we couldn't let that go by without some pictures. Lisa came over to do a sewing project and so she got some good pictures of Lydia while she was here. I can't wait to see them she is so good at taking and editing pictures!

It's amazing to think how quickly time passes and how little time we really have with our family on this earth. I was reading in the June Ensign this morning an article about slowing down and not being busy. It really made me think about everything I do to fill my day. Granted my days are very busy taking care of a baby and that's a good busy. But am I sometimes making things important that really aren't that important? At the end it talked about how the Savior throughout his life on this earth was never busy. He was always walking, meditating, taking things slow, never rushed. I would like to be more like that. Just like the article said, when you put the Savior first in your life, all the other things will fall into place or be eliminated. Having this beautiful baby in my life makes me realize how each day is a gift and how our lives are a gift. Maybe I have been thinking about this so much because last night Gregory and I were talking about Lydia's birth and how both her and I almost lost our lives. The Lord blessed us that day with the continuation of my gift along with the new gift of our daughter. I hope I am making the best of what I have been given.

Look at those skinny little legs!


I love this bow! I don't have very many hair bows for her but I really want to get more because she look so cute in them.


Tired or what?!


All tuckered out from her photo shoot. She fell asleep in my arms as I was rocking her side to side on my hip.



On a different note, I am making Isabella's birthday cake. it came up one day as Lisa was talking about Isabella's birthday and I mentioned that I knew what cake I was going to make for Lydia's 1st birthday. Lisa asked me if I did cakes and I said yes I like to make them and decorate although I haven't done very many. She asked if I would do it for Isabella's birthday and I said yes. I was really excited and asked Lisa what she had in mind when she told me that Isabella was really into Elmo right now. I looked online for a few ideas and this is what I came up with. This is the practice cake (it was actually brownies with mint frosting), but I think it is a good first run. I will definitely make a post about the original when I do it in a couple weeks.





Also when Gregory got home from work, Lydia was still sleeping so Gregory found another child to play with and this was the result.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

AMAZING CAKE EMILEE!!!! Isabella is going to FLIP OUT!! And I know I wore Lydia out with her photo shoot but we got some super cute ones!
PS
I love that picture of the munchkin and her bowl! Hahaha!!

Just Jen said...

great job on the cake Em! So pretty!

Familia Sepúlveda Acuña said...

se me olvidaba esta increible la torta eres toda una profecional...

Familia Sepúlveda Acuña said...

parece increible como a crecido la pequeña Lydia...las fotos son increibles ...ella es hermosa...bueno como sus padres no mas jijii...un abrazo para uds