Friday, June 4, 2010

Tooth Monster Comes for a Visit!

What's the opposite of the Tooth Fairy who brings you toys or money for the teeth you lose and keep under your pillow? The Tooth Monster, who takes over poor little babies mouths and makes them cry all day and refuse to take naps!

Yes it's true. My 2 1/2 month old baby is teething!!!!! Poor thing hurts so much that I had to hold her almost the ENTIRE day yesterday. I didn't know what was wrong but figured that she must just not be feeling well. When Maritza noticed that Lydia was rubbing her tongue between her lip and gums in the late afternoon she asked if Lydia could be teething already. Then we checked her mouth out and sure enough.....the Tooth Monster is here for a visit. I went online and googled if babies that young could teeth and sure enough, it is very possible. It not unusual but it's not common either. I guess I should have picked up on the signs, drooling, eating her hands constantly, low grade fever, fussiness, waking up from a deep sleep in the middle of nap time, inconsistency eating, etc. I just never thought it possible that a baby this young could teeth. She may not show a tooth still until 4-6 months but for now, she is sure feeling them!

5 comments:

Heidi said...

Wow, crazy girl!

Debbie said...

The story goes that my sister was teething at 6 weeks, so it can happen. Pretty frustrating for parents, though!

Karen said...

Good luck! Emma got her bottom 2 teeth in the same week! Bad week, but she was much happier and got back to her normal self after they broke the gum! It will get better...just keep telling yourself that! Well better until they start to bite you.

Debbie said...

Poor thing! Teeth can be so mean!

Jennifer said...

That's craziness! I bet you're glad now that you're not nursing! Dave got his first tooth at 3 months, too. Watch her teeth later on, Dave had to have braces earlier than most kids because he teethed so early. A funny side story, one of my friends was BORN with a tooth!