We finally caught her crawling on tape. She is now crawling when ever she wants although she still prefers walking but now that she has figured out that she can move from one place to the next independently, she does. I originally thought that when she became more independent she would be happier and not quite so demanding, but this has not been the case. My daughter has started to throw fits. Screaming, leg thrashing fits. I didn't know that this could happen at 8 months old, but apparently it can. She does it when I take her away from an area that she can't play in (like the wires and router on the side of the TV) or if I take something away from her that she shouldn't play with. The fit will stop when I distract her with something else to play with but she has gotten so bored of all her toys that she is finding anything she can to play with that is different. I find her in all sorts of things and it's becoming a chore to chase her around. I know this will only get worse when she can walk which she tried to do many times a day. She actually took her first steps earlier this week. Every day when she stands up she will try to walk. She is so good at standing on her own now that I am afraid that she will be walking within a couple of weeks. We will see but for now she is getting into everything and the bathroom door now has to stay shut. Although, I don't foresee too much trouble in the future because she still won't let me out of her sight for more than a min or two without freaking out.
She was still refusing to crawl unless she had a good reason when we took this video so we bribed her with the laptop on the other end so she would crawl to it. She crawls so funny with her feet turned in so she has to move one foot right over the next one. It's so cute!
4 comments:
Do you want to borrow my play pen? lol ... You should put stand-up and bells-and-whistles toys on her Christmas list. :)
YAY FOR LYDIA!!! SHE DID AWESOME!!! I totally loved that you had to bribe her with the laptop! Hahahaha!
I have an idea about the toy thing. Have you thought about a toy exchange with friends? So every couple weeks you trade toys so you don't have to purchase more but she still gets a variety. I would only do it with hard surfaced toys taht can be bleached in between trades to limit germs but it is just an idea. We can't wait to come for Christmas.
Ahh such a cute little crawl! I love that her feet are turned in like that, haha!
Post a Comment