Whenever Lydia does something new or can sustain her standing for a long period of time, I have been clapping and saying "YAY"! This has encouraged her to continue what she has been learning when she gets this positive reinforcement. It has been helping a lot with her crawling because she HATES being on her stomach and still to this day will refuse to crawl unless she has too. That being said.....she is now crawling. Only in little bits and only when she really really wants something but it has come. I don't have a video of it yet because if she sees that we are accessible to her she will refuse to crawl and demand that we walk with her around the room. Her standing is getting a lot better too. She can pull herself up almost anywhere and is standing independently of any objects around her for short periods of time. So with my continued reinforcement of her advancing motor skills, she has picked up on clapping when someone says "YAY" or gets excited and laughs. It's really funny. She also gets really proud of herself when she does these things. When she sees that I'm watching her stand up by herself and stay standing she will start clapping. After she has crawled a bit and then notices that I am there, she will also clap and with it all she gets a really proud look on her face. She is very proud of all the accomplishments she is doing and wants to make sure that we are all proud of her as well. While she has been clapping for a while, she is now doing it all the time.
So proud of herself.
3 comments:
Lydia come to play with me...
como crece lydia...nos encanta ver este proceso...
Awww, she's getting SO BIG!! I love her clapping, she's adorable when she does it. What a smart girl!
Post a Comment