Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A Thanksgiving Feast

We had a great thanksgiving this year with lots of food and being with wonderful family.  This was an important Thanksgiving for me to be with my family because it may be the last one with them for a while.  It ended up being just the Wager clan this year.  We had invited a few other people but they ended up not being able to make it.  The day before Thanksgiving I knew something was wrong with Lydia.  I had been struggling to get her to eat and she had been really fussy.  Wednesday was really bad.  She wouldn't let me put her down and just cried and cried.  So I called my Dr's office and of course they were closed.  So I took her into an Instacare to see what was wrong.  I had a suspicion that she had an ear infection and after a long wait, that was confirmed.  In fact this was no ordinary ear infection, it was really bad.  The Dr couldn't see into her left ear because there was a lot of wax covering the ear drum so he took us to anther room with a machine that tested the ear drum's movements.  Her right ear tested fine but her left ear had NO movement.  After he tested her left ear he said "whoa".  I knew that that meant it wasn't good and then he showed me the scale.  He was right!  There was no movement in her left ear drum.  He then gave me a prescription for 2 antibiotics!  I was relieved that it was still early enough that I could probably get 2 doses in of the antibiotics in that day so she would be feeling better by Thanksgiving.  So I left and went to the store.  It was busy as was expected for the day before the holidays and as I drove around looking for a spot, I spotted a guy leaving.  I turned my blinker on and waited.  Then out of the blue as soon as he pulled out, another car came zooming in!  I felt like the lady on "Fried Green Tomatos" when the younger girls take her spot after waiting a long time and then she rams the back of their car.  Now I did have a little more wit to me at the moment and refrained from such actions, but I definitely thought about it.  After another long wait, she had her medicine and I took her home.  She seemed to be a bit better for Thanksgiving and was a trooper the whole day!

This Thanksgiving also felt like I was all grown up because I made 2 pumpkin pies and the rolls for the meal.  I do have to say that they were delicious and I was very happy with how everything turned out.  Food, family and fun!  What a perfect day!

Lydia all dressed up in her nice coat for the cold.














The Thanksgiving tradition: a deep fried Turkey.  Every year we do two turkeys, one deep fried and the other oven baked.  I do have to admit that the fried turkey turns out really juicy.














Mia Familia!!! I love that Lydia thinks that she is one of the big kids and is trying to grab everything on the table like it belongs to her.  Thanks Steveo for pulling it away from her in time.















Dan and Amy bought Toy Story 3 and after our meal and pie we all settled down in the family room to watch. Unfortunately we didn't stay to watch.  Lydia was sick so we left early to get her to bed. 

2 comments:

Mari said...

I am so happy that you had a very nice Thanksgiving Day!
Also I love Lydia's coat!

Lisa said...

I love Lydia in her cute coat! And hahahaha on her trying to grab all the food-she looks like she thinks she's big stuff! ;)