- Poor Gregory has been working all the time and we barely get to see one another.
- We went for a drive in the canyon one day when Lydia fell asleep in the car so she could continue sleeping before going to my parents for dinner. Well there was a rock in the road that looked like a chunk of ice and Gregory tried to move out of it's way but unfortunately we still hit the side of it and it slashed our tire. Luckily we did have a full sized spare that we can use until we can afford a new tire.
- Lydia, our dear sweet child, got to the computer in a moment that we weren't looking and knocked over our external hard drive and broke it. The result; 4+ years of pictures (including our wedding photos), ALL our music and audio books and many more backups and other programs are all gone! It might cost us a pretty penny to get it fixed but we have had some offers of help so maybe we will be able to restore it. It all depends on whether it's a hardware problem or a software problem.
- We have had some health issues especially with Lydia and I. My flu was lingering and poor Lydia couldn't get well. I unfortunately found out the problem. We have black mold all over our apartment. Mostly in the windows and walls near the windows but we have been getting sick from that. All of our symptoms fit perfectly after doing some research. We contacted the apt manager and she came and took pictures. She said that we are still responsible for our lease and can't get out of it. Even though it was making me really really sick and my poor baby sick and my husband sick when he walks in the door, she said that we are legally responsible. I understand that that may be the case BUT we are paying for a SAFE CLEAN HOME and we are not receiving that. We spent that last two nights at my parents house and magically got better! She talked to the lawyers and they said that it is our responsibility to leave our windows open, turn on the fan in the bathroom when we shower, wipe our windows down every time they create condensation, etc. Are you serious??? You want me to leave my windows open....in the middle of winter....in Utah....with a 9 month old baby??? Either way I am ready to move and Gregory pretty much is as well. Our health is not worth it. We keep praying that they will let us out of our contract because we will likely be moving by the end of the month into my parents house. They did offer us to move into another apartment but what's the point when we are only here for another 2 1/2 months. That's not worth it. Plus we are in a non-smoking building and would probably have to move to a smoking. On top of that she wouldn't even tell us if there was an apt available. Our manager has been really great and she does want to help, but she is tied to what her district manager approves. We are still praying that this will be resolved quickly and that we won't have to pay rent on an unsafe apt when we aren't even living there.
Thursday, December 16, 2010
Can't we catch a break?
We have had a rough month and it seems that everything has been going wrong. For example...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I agree, something really good is going to happen! :)
I still have the pictures that I took from when you got married if you want those.
Geeze louise!! That totally sucks! We'll pray that y'all can get out of the lease because that is so wrong that they are making you stay there. :(
Oh my dearest cousin-in-law!
I am so sorry that all of these things are happening. :( Life can most definitely be no fun sometimes. Please know that we LOVE having you over and although I'm not married or a mom or anything I always have an ear open to listen, especially after all of the support you have given me, I owe it to you! And there may be days where you just need a hug, give me a call!! If you ever need a break from life you can come over, no problem. We love you! And I love you!
Sorry about all the "growing opportunities." It really stinks when they all come at once - believe me, I feel your pain! As Kennedy reminds me constantly, in 20 years you'll look back on these times and smile... hopefully!
Post a Comment