Lydia had shown some improvement with her health on Friday and so we decided to keep our plans with our friend Matt and go to the Festival of Trees! We love going with Matt and once again had a blast. I do have to say this year was a lot easier than last year as I was 7 months pregnant then and walking around for hours did a number on my feet and back. This time however, Gregory carried Lydia! Turnabouts fair play I guess. While we didn't take pictures of the trees this year, we did take them of the incredible gingerbread houses.
This was amazing! It was very appropriately named candy land. One of the coolest things at the festival.
Gregory really liked this house.
The Holy War house! We thought it was pretty funny. When we looked at the trees there were so many that were BYU and U of U. I guess that is what people had on their minds when donating trees.
Family Picture! We took quite a few but they just didn't turn out right. This is the best one we got unfortunately.
Matt!! What more can say. Who knows what this mastermind genius is up to now!
After the festival we all came back to our apartment and hung out for the rest of the afternoon. That night Gregory and I dropped Lydia off at our friends house and went to have dinner with a work friend of his. We had a great night! There was another couple there that Kim and Brian knew and everyone is always afraid of the awkwardness that can accompany not knowing each other but we all got a long really well. We played a game called the "The Game of Things". We had so much fun and this game is now on our list of games to buy! It was so nice to get out and be with other people and not have to worry about the squeaker. We had a great night and it was just what we needed. All in all it was a fantastic day!
2 comments:
Doh, I wish I knew you were going to the Festival of Trees, I would have told you where the tree my sister-in-law and I decorated was. Maybe you remember it, though, among the hundreds of trees there: "Sugar & Spice" (for our niece Bridgette).
I'm so jealous! I've always wanted to go cause it looks so cool.
Post a Comment